Sign in to follow this  
markparslow

Wilco Airbus series one

HII am having trouble with setting speed and altitude in the FMC I enter the speed and altitude into the FMC on flight plan page I then push the altitude and speed buttons on the autopilot as I understand it then should set the autopilot to manage. But the aircraft speed and attitude do not change. Could you please explain how to manage speed and attitude within the flight plan for me. I have read the manuals understand how to do this.I would appreciate any help you can give me with this matterMark Parslow

Hi RobThanks for your reply, whereabouts do I find the flight director. I can not find it on the autopilot panelThanks againMark Parslow

Hi RobHi RobI found that FD button and it was pushed on. I think my problem may be elsewhere if you are any other suggestions I would be grateful.I have since been able to manage the speed through the FMC but still not the outshoot. The altitude and speed are marked in purple not sure if this make a difference as the rest of the flight plan is greenThanks againMark

Guest gdafc1

You should try the Feelthere forum, best bet to get advice on a companies product is direct from their own support.Oh wait..............................................They have none.Sorry couldn't resist keeping Feelthere's poor show in the news.Maybe super scoob can help................Garry

Hey Mark, I've been flying the PMDG 747 full time again so i'm little rusty. I will have a look when i get back from work in an hour or so. Off the top of my head - a very basic run through, Make sure flight plan has been activated, engage flight director, after rotation when you see the CLB prompt in the FMA retard thrust levers to the climb gate, engage one of the autopilots and pull the HDG/ALT for selected heading and open climb, Push heading and alt for managed heading and managed alt. (alt and speed should be marked in purple) Rob Prest

Rob Prest

Guest gdafc1

>Thanks for the help gary.... great contributionAs I said sorry couldn't help it.....Just hilighting a fairly significant poor performance from Feelthere.Ps it is Garry, note capital g and two RR'sGarry

>Ps it is Garry, note capital g and two RR'sI had noticedRob Prest

Rob Prest

Guest gdafc1

>>Ps it is Garry, note capital g and two RR's>>I had noticed>>Rob Prest> >Hi Bob pest,Glad you noticed.Garry

The Airbus requires a different way of thinking than Boeing stuff; it's really a different kettle of fish in a way.There are so many possible different things Mark's issue could stem from.Personally I'd double check the Wilco FeelThere manual. There is also a ton of Airbus stuff on the Net if you google it.The site below has a lot of good stuff:http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/airbus/A320/Cheers,Bryan

the forum that Mark can post his question is open, has been open, and continues to be open -"Forum to talk about how to fly feelThere airplanes": http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27Rob has pointed out a great first step - is the autopilot on? not autothrust ... the autopilot. this is a common omission made by new abus pilots.bryan also brings up a great point - the Abus is not a boeing ... by default FS teaches folks how to fly using something similar to a boeing style autopilot. because of this some are challenged 'transitioning' to a new type.and ... the abus forum contains information that is, and will continue to be searchable.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest gdafc1

The unofficial forum........ say no more, full of posts by feelthre eh? I don't think so.Feelthere have dropped their paying customers, hopefully the favour will soon be repayed.Garry

I have post in the above forum,may be some one there can help.There is not much help in the fight manual,As some one said there is no VNAV or LNAV in an airbus you need the push the Speed or atitude button to set the FMC to manage.But this does not seem to work.I set the speed and atitude for the waypoints on the flightplan page.

Sorry i didn't get back to you last night. I flew a short flight from Bahrain to Doha last night without any problems. You shouldn't have to set speed and altitude for each waypoint unless you want specific speeds for a SID or STAR. could you maybe talk us through exactly what your doing? Rob Prest AKA Bob Pest

Rob Prest