Sign in to follow this  
Guest biggjoe

where is FS9 cfg file

Guest biggjoe

Hi all, Can anyone tell me where I can find the FS9 cfg file? I have checked show hidden folders but still don't see it. I know this is an old rookie question but I don't remember where it is, or which one it is.Thanks for any helpbiggjoe

it's in your Doc settings folder. the path should look like this one.C:Documents and Settings**YOUR User NAME HERE***Application DataMicrosoftFS9Douglas

Guest wji

FS9.cfg is a hidden file: therefore,Start/Settings/Control Panel/Folder Options/View/Show Hidden Files & Folders/click radio buttonLocation:C:Documents and SettingsUsernameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9FS9.CFGOnce located, right-click and place a Shortcut on your desktop

Guest biggjoe

Sorry I should have mentioned I am running windows vista home premium. I looked in username/app data/ microsoft but only found the fsx file.

Guest biggjoe

I found it thank you for your help. I also noticed a file in there called aircraft that contains many aircfraft but each file only has a file in it called state. when I read the file it lists accumulated time. what is this file? there are aircraft in there that are no longer in my sim, and haven't been for some time.Thanks biggjoe

state.cfgs just keep track of engine run time and any changes you've made to the ATC ID or airline in the select aircraft menu. Hourmeter type gauges such as the default Cessna's tachometer/tach time gauges access the state.cfg to report tach time. State.cfgs don't get deleted when you uninstall an aircraft. If you later reinstall the aircraft, accumulated engine time will pick up where you left off when you uninstalled the aircraft. Perfectly safe to delete any of these files, a new one will be created the next time you load the aircraft, but with engine run time "zero".Jim