Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

FS2Crew: Any Reason I Shouldn't Buy It?

Does anybody have any reason why I shouldn't buy this product, or, better yet, does anybody have positive endorsement for it? Anything to be aware of that they don't tell you up front, or that may not be covered well in the sales blurbs?This product looks like it might be fun, and a nice addition to my ongoing search for FS2004 immersion. I thought I would start with the Default 737 version just because I don't have time right now to learn the complexities of the PMDG or RFP models right at this moment.As always, thanks in advance to the group.

Guest martin842

These forums are full of praise for all the editionsof FS2Crew. And you would go a long way to find anyone with anything bad to say about it.The 737 edition was the original FS2Crew, but FS2Crew editions have come a long way since then. If you like jets, a much better bet would be the Level-D 767 edition or the PMDG 747 edition (though, of course, you would need to own and be able to operate these aircraft in orrder to use FS2Crew with them).Greatly recommended.Martin

I agree with Martin. I am also a huge fan and advocate of this product.FS2Crew has evolved and matured with each addition to the point where the original 737 version is almost unrecognisable. The good "middle ground" option would be the 767 Edition. Not that much more complex than the 737. If you went for 747, I consider it the ultimate however yes, the systems are slightly more intricate but once you master the flows it really represents the best in immersion. A vid I made youtube dot com/watch?v=9IdJ-wHARnE

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest Jeff Berman

One of the best addons I have ever purchased. Two big thumbs up :)

We also have a 30 day money back guarantee. It's kinda like Flight1's alternative to trial ware.Your best bet though is to watch the various videos out there that show FS2Crew in action; you'll find them all over the internet and on the FS2Crew website. There are also many 3rd party reviews out there, too.FS2Crew is not for everyone though. Generally speaking, it's aimed more at the enthusiast market than the 'push the throttles and go' crowd.There is a learning curve involved, the steepness of which varies from version to version.Cheers,Bryan

OK, I'm sold! It looks like exactly what I'm looking for as a next step in my progression, and now that I'm aware of the "learning curve", the default 737 looks like a good starting place for me.Before posting, I did do a search on 'FS2Crew' and read the first 10 or 12 posts, but they turned out to be about other issues and only peripherally involved FS2Crew. I was already pretty sure I wanted to buy the product, and just thought I'd ask flat out if there was any downside.Thanks for every one's input -- it was all very, very helpful.

Thanks, Bryan. Of Course it's not too late -- I've already bought the default 737, but now I'll have both.Besides they have a 30 day money back return guarantee, which I think is just awesome in this day and age.Off to buy the 747, now. Thanks everybody once again, and thanks Bryan for the heads up!Chuck