Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Speechbuddy 2.2

I have downloaded Speechbuddy from Avsim, installed it and I have done some "Speech recognition training".I have started up the default C172 - and the programme seems to work OK. So far , I have been able to tell my co-pilot to lower and raise the flaps.:-) But I am finding that the "readme" file is difficult to follow/understand and am unclear as whether you are supposed to have some kind of INI file for each aircraft type.In general, what I am looking for is some better information/instructions on how to use this programme.It looks like it has great potential.Any assistance much appreciatedThanks Barry

Hi AvcomwareThanks for thatVersion 2.2 of ths programme comes with an interface for FS2004 by Dominique Andlauer. I have been playing around with it all day today - and it appears to work very well "straight out of the box"So far, I have been able to replace use of the keyboard completely in FS2004. It is so much more enjoyable to either use the mouse to click VC switches or to use voice to alter other things like views and xoom levels, etc.Are you aware of any interfaces available for other Sims - eg any of the Combat Sims. I find that remembering their complicated keystroke sequences is a PITA. It would be a lot easier to use voice for this. Barry

Hi, Barry.I've developed some profiles for Fly!! and there was one for BAO, XPlane etc,, but you can easily develop a profile for anything you want, including using it for typing or data entry. It interfaces to the OS like a keyboard / another input device. I can send you a Generic profile that you can easily modify to anything you want. The one that Dominique Andlauer modified is very elaborate and MSFS / FSUIPC specific. TV

Hi TVYes please- I have sent you my email address by PM.I notice that Dominique's profile works for the unregistered version of FSUIPC. I have a registered copy as well - and everything seems to work well.Although a profile for FS2004 shows up in a separate folder in the download - alongside others for FS2002, BAO, Fly!, etc - SB 2.2 must somehow automatically open it and use it, as I have never used the "OPEN PROFILE" menu item. There is also a "Generic" profile folder included in the download. I have opened the .DWS and .XML files , and , although I am no programmer, recognise their structure. I don't know if I would be capable of creating a new profile to interface with another game programme though.Thanks for the help- please look in your PMs for my email address. I am about to go in a couple of days on a short weeklong cruise to Noumea, new Caledonia and other South Pacific places - so will look forward to your further assistance when I get back. :-)I have done a comprehensive search on the net of anything to do with Speechbuddy - not much info to be found really. It seems to have been largely ignored. Shame really - because it does work very well and has a great deal of potential.Barry

Hi, Barry.It is a bit confusing, at first, but as you get to understand it gets easier. All you have to do is include the Command that you want in the .XML file. If you look at the FLYII.XML you will see: one, line this means that the SAPI will look for you to say

Hi TVBrilliant!! I can see now (I think) how to create an XML file for (say) IL2, or CFS3 , Lockon, BOB -- I have all of these Combat Fsims - but they are too difficult to remember all the keystrokes required.I read somewhere that the way it has been done for FS2004 with FSUIPC feeding back the various FSim states is a better solution - but it will be interesting to see how the simple generic solution works.EDIT - Excellent! I have just created my first XML interface to IL2 Sturmovik. At this stage , all it does is start and stop engines to my verbal command!:-) But it is a start and I can see how it works. This is a really good discovery for IL2 - because, unlike FS2004 that has a fully clickable VC, IL2 is mostly controlled by keystrokesThanks for all the helpBarry

Hi, Barry.It is simple, the only issue that can get you side tracked is when you make an error / syntax, then just go back to a previous version, or use an XML Editor. Have fun, this can be a complete Hobby in itself, I

Have you tried Flight Assistant? I downloaded it and it's required support files and it works wonderfully for me, with a minimum of training and/or programming.Just another suggestion.

Dear Barry,I am presently working on a SpeechBuddy interface for IL2. It is pretty advanced technically (it should extract the user's key assignments automatically). I should tidy the voice commands and start on the manual. I have read here and elsewhere that you also had started an IL2 interface of your own, namely with your own voice commands.Let's help each other out.See you around,tagada