Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeMiraglia

Overspeed Warning

Guest MikeMiraglia

Is it possible to change when FS9 gives me the red overspeed warning on a specific aircraft? My Concorde red lights at only 300 KIAS, which penalizes me when using FsPassengers. Thanks,-Mike

mike:unless the designer made a BIG misstake in creating their concorde i believe you have your FS set to show real instead of indicated airspeed.from FS9's opening screen -[*]settings[*]realism[*]click 'Display indicated airspeed' (this will uncheck 'Display true airspeed).-or-when the sim is running (ie, you are flying a plane) -aircraft / Realism Settings... and then click 'Display indicated airspeed' (this will uncheck 'Display true airspeed).--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest MikeMiraglia

I had it set to indicated airspeed before I wrote this post, but then I switched it over to real just to check. In both circumstances the overspeed warning came on at 315 KIAS. If it's of any value, the Concorde I'm using is from PM2.

Nothing wrong with the aircraft. You just need more altitude or less throttle. The overspeed warning is a function of both power setting and altitude. Try 5000ft versus 40000ft at the same throttle settings.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

The overspeed warning is controlled by one or two settings in the aircraft.cfg file. flaps_up_stall_speed = 142.0 //Knots True (KTAS)full_flaps_stall_speed = 113.0 //Knots True (KTAS)cruise_speed = 477.0 //Knots True (KTAS)max_mach = 0.82max_indicated_speed = 340 //Red line (KIAS)If this aircraft - the FS2004 default B734 reaches a speed of341 KIAS - overspeed occursOR0.83 MACH - overspeed occursThe question about your Concorde flights is what is the setting in your aircraft.cfg - the max_mach needs to be very high - about 2.04?What altitude were your flying?The Concorde needs to stay under mach 0.93 until about 30,000 ft.You can "cheat" with FsPassengers and raise those numbers or learn to fly the plane within it's limits.The FAA specification sheet for the Concorde shows it should be at least 325 KIAS above FL200 and 270 KIAS below that level.The Concorde, FS and real, has to be flown very precisely in a very narrow range of speed, climb, etc.

Guest MikeMiraglia

During all three tests I was just crossing 18,000 feet. Perhaps I will study the manuals a bit more now that I see it is my fault. Thanks for all the help.-Mike

You shouldn't need to make any changes to the aircraft settings. VMO on Concorde was initially 300Kts, increasing to 400Kts with altitude. Above 32,000ft VMO increased again with altitude to 530Kts. There are no tricks to flying this aircraft, just tuck the ASI needle in behind the black/yellow barber pole (VMO) after departure (or as soon as) and keep it there.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg