Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

need help against professional freeware vendor

Guest UweR

I found these auctions at ebay:http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...item=2308004558http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...item=2308004558http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...3404970338&rd=1Apparently a semi-professional seller of freeware files.I have identified a few designers (Yannick Lavigne, Roy Chaffin) from which I know from private conversations they would never agree to have their files added to a compilation like this. If you detect an aircraft as your own, please contact me via private message, this guy asks for serious trouble.Best Regards, Uwe

First... Sign on to EBay and let them know that this person is selling Copyrighted FREEWARE Software. And therefore is Illegal. Secondly, I do not mean to sound derogatory to anyone from Germany or with Geman heritage but it seems that most of the people pirating these files are German. I'm getting sick of it as a designer.Brian

Guest UweR

"I'm getting sick of it as a designer."And that

Guest cw1011

Absolutely let e-bay know - I would start with the Safe Harbor section of their website. They are good about following up. Then I would e-mail the seller and a) let him know that you have told e-bay about this and he needs to stop doing it. Actually, anyone who is registered at e-bay can e-mail the user - the more the better. Let him know you have posted here and at Flightsim.com. Finally, posting here is good as is Flightsim.com - you can also post in their buyer/seller forums. I sell books on e-bay all the time and this makes my blood boil. One jerk tars the whole community with his/her brush. Colin

Guest cw1011

Actually, reviewing the site, the best way would be for one of the designers to contact ebay through their copywrite appeals process. That would end this ASAP.

Might I suggest, the best way to fight this is permeate(sp?) the NET with info that these are FREEWARE files, available to anyone who wants them...FREE. These guys can always put em up till caught and as far as Im concerned if anyone buys even one, Legal action should be taken!And we should demand that EBay starts taking some responsibility for this!I do freeware work...I do it for the good of FS, the hobby...not FS, the business. Those that do thier own work and offer it for sale is one thing. But I choose to do it for all, for free! And I would like to keep it that way!We have enuff stuff to spend our money on. Lets keep this one, last, free hobby...FREE!!'nuff saidScott

Guest JonP01

Hey fair suck of the sauce bottle there Scott. I don't see you have a vaild point in your statement that eBay should start taking responsibility for this. I'm not sure what exactly you expect them to do that they are not already doing. Do you expect eBay to employ a huge group of people to look at every single item that goes up for auction on that site? Or perhaps you would like eBay to check the credentials of every member with the FBI, CIA or ASIO? It's no more possible to police fraudulence and suspect activity on eBay than it is to prevent all street crime before it even happens. The reality is that it is not possible. You can only put in place policies and procedures to reduce the liklihood of such occurances and that punish the trangressors. The fact of the matter is that eBay deals with fraudulence or "rip off" attempts very seriously, and has a number of procedures in place to not only ensure buyers don't get their fingers burnt, but also that unscrupulous sellers most surely do. People who buy things and get their fingers burnt are far too often likely to blame anyone but themselves. Unfortunately we do not live in a perfect society where people can be guaranteed of being protected against their own stupidity and naivity.