Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

Getting mad of shimmering

OK Guys, Thanks for all your input.First I tried to set back the MipMap to 4 to test/find the Sweetspot as mentiod but without any positive result. After fiddling with the NHancer settings and trying Transparency AA it was getting better.I also tried the new options for my 8800, 2x2 AA and 4x4 AA and that will make the trick...Ok, cost me a lot of performance but still have 30Fps on a dense airport with the most shimmering effects as mentioned and now there is only a little shimmering left. NOT 100% solved but let's say 90%.I also tried in FSX and 2x2 gives me 25 fsp and 4x4 17-20 fps so even FSX have a improvement and good playable.It's still hard to believe that 2007/2008 modern hardware can't make a 100% picture in a flightsim who is already 4 years old...So my final settings in NHancer are now,2x2 AA or 4x4 AA (flying the heavy's on 2x2 and small planes on 4x4)8x AFTransparency AA onClamp onAND FINALY... now I can use MipMap at 4, don't no if MipMap 8 will give a performance hit but I will try out later.Happy landings...

Guest tmond

How can I find out if I got a 32 bit or 64 bit?

Guest AC777_LR

I have the same problem with my 8800GTS with some sceneries. What I do however is convert the problem textures with mipmap using the DXT image tool. This basically solves my shimmering problems.

Guest UK_Apollo

I have just built an identical PC... E6750+P35+2Gb-800 DDR2+8800GTS/320 and suffered from exactly the same shimmering problem.I cured it by switching on Anti-Aliasing within FS9. I know, everyone used to say "switch it off", but with such a powerful computer it doesn't seem to matter - I still get 30-80fps with all settings on max no matter what scenery or weather I fly through.No more shimmering. It's amazing!!nVidia: Aniso 16x, AA 4x, AA-Transparency Supersampling, VSync On, Triple-buffered, 162.18 driversFS9: Render to Texture, Transform & Lighting, Anti-aliasing, Mipmap 5, Lights 8 Hope it works for you too.Apollo

Guest AC777_LR

Imagetool is a free program that comes with FS2004 SDK. The problem is that some sceneries such as FlyTampa don't use mipmap for some of the textures so what you can do is add mipmap to those textures which basically get rid of the shimmer.

Guest bluesman666

nHancer comes as either 32 or 64 bitHow do you know which one to useCheersDave

Guest tmond

Jim: What actually is fs2004SDK for? Do I really need it? I'm starting to get into installing World A-1 traffic and wonder if I need it now for that. Also,I still have some shimmering I'm going to try the 32 bit nhanser. Hope its easy to install. :-)

Guest tmond

I downloaded this program and followed your settings above. I could not find "VSync" anywhere. Is "triple-buffered" a setting or are you referring this term to your drivers? I'm doing something wrong I guess cause when I did this my screen just went crazy.please advise.thanks. (by the way my cards (2) GTX8800)My drivers are 158.19:-)