Sign in to follow this  
acmech

*****OceanHeightField in fs 9 need HELP.)*****************

Hello,I am trying to slow down the way the ripple effect on waters surfaces appears in FS9.I am not sure what file is the result of this effect. This is not the wave that hits the shore.I do know that the file "OceanHeightField" is the texture for the effect.Does anybody know what causes or controls this file?

There is a program in the library called Real Environment Pro which has a great water edit.Do a serach for reprosetup.zip.Hope this helps abit.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Yes,I am aware of Real Environment Pro which is not very realistic in my opinion .Regardless, thank you for you help.I am trying to find out what causes the action/controls or effect of the OceanHeightField.bmp texture file?

Jim,Thank you for taking the time out to try to answer the question ,but you are incorrect.The wave fx. file uses the swoosh texture which in return makes the waves that hit the shore line.:-zhelp Maybe, I did not ask, or I was not clear on my question.What I want to know is, what controls the "OceanHeightField".bmp file?The OceanHeightField file is the texture that displays the white cap or ripple on the water surface.This is not :-bluegrab the wave action that hits the shoreline.I hope this helps and thank you for your help.:-zhelp