Sign in to follow this  
skip d

reading start-up page

I guess the inevitable has arrived!! Was trying to hold it back,but ain't no stopping progress(or degress) My eyesight just keeps getting worse. I was trying to improve the resolution on my Dell 1905FP,and I did succeed in seeing the scerery with a higher resolution on the "settings" page: now set at 1152x864x32But moving to the highest res. 1280x1024x32 makes the scenery even better,but makes the start-up page wrining sooooo small it's almost impossible to read. Also the "moving map" is barely discernable at that res.Does anybody know a fix,or do I just live with it?Thanx skip:-zhelp

ok---thanx JimThought there might be a fix or patch or something in the cfg file--where you can usually fix everything.Guess I better keep the reading glasses close

Just pick a resolution you're comfortable with, then set FS to the same resolution. I'm not sure what kind of difference you're gonna see in the sim say between 1024*768 and 1152*864. Probably not a world of difference.On a 17 inch, I'd go for 1024*768, on a 19, I'm using 1152*864.By the way, in your advanced display settings (right-click desktop > display properties > settings > advanced > general), try increasing DPI from 96 to 120.

Mike...

thanks for the info Mike:I increased the DPI,but it didn't make the FS9 Start-up screen any more readable than the 96. I think the scenery looks better with the res. at 1152x864 compared to 1024x768 so I'll keep with it,even though there's a lot of squinting involved LOLskip

Skip- at 75+, I know the problem! Two suggestions-A few years ago when getting a new eyeglass prescrip. for my bifocals, I also got a pair of what they call Computer Glasses- everything within 6 feet is in focus !! They are truly remarkable and have made simming a real pleasure. Now can't use the 'puter without them.Also see the very recent thread "Use XP Clear Type for viewing text",Sept 5-8 started by Sesquashtoo in FSX/hardware forum. "Clear Type" was an improvement for me.Alex Reid