Sign in to follow this  
Guest Northy

Slight Problem.................

Guest Northy

Hi Guys,I know this has been asked before on here and I've done a search of the forums but to no avail....Fe.dllI'm having problems with it,wherever I fly with what ever aircraft what ever time in whatever weather I get a black screen and the message saying FS9 has to close because of Fe.dll....I know it has something to do with textures or texture loading,I downloaded and ran Flightsim Manager to check all files to see if any textures were missing from AI aircraft as I read somewhere that this can cause the problem I'm Having???When I ran filemon when Fs9 was running it was stating no problems apart from saying that EffectsFX AI Contrail.Fx and Effects.CAB were missing....Would this be the cause of my problems?If so whats the best course of action?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Regards,Martin.

>Hi Guys,>>I know this has been asked before on here and I've done a>search of the forums but to no avail....>>Fe.dll>>I'm having problems with it,wherever I fly with what ever>aircraft what ever time in whatever weather I get a black>screen and the message saying FS9 has to close because of>Fe.dll....>>I know it has something to do with textures or texture>loading,I downloaded and ran Flightsim Manager to check all>files to see if any textures were missing from AI aircraft as>I read somewhere that this can cause the problem I'm>Having???>>When I ran filemon when Fs9 was running it was stating no>problems apart from saying that EffectsFX AI Contrail.Fx and>Effects.CAB were missing....Would this be the cause of my>problems?>>If so whats the best course of action?>>Any help would be greatly appreciated.>>Thanks,>Regards,>Martin.HelloI am no expert,but my instinct is that these files (EFFECTS ETC)that are showing as missing could be the cause of your problem.It is a good place to start the hunt.Have you downloaded some aircraft or AI aircraft recently? one of the effects (FX AI CONTRAIL)being missing seems to point that way.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest Bob Z

In my stock FS9 install the only 2 files that have the string 'contrail' in them are fx_contrail_l.fx and fx_contrail_s.fx. They are both in the effects folder. It looks like the one you mentioned is part of an addon.I do not have an effects.cab file but that does not mean that FS9 will not look for one. It appears that FS9 looks for at least several cab files that do not exist and I have never seen an answer as to why that is.The 2 instances you mention may be unrelated.