Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

GE Pro and UT Terrain USA/Canada

Hi, I have a question with Ultimate Terrain. I have GE Pro on my system and love the textures, If I purchase Ultimate Terrain for USA and Canada/Alaska, will my GE Pro textures go away? Will it just overwrite my GE Pro textures? Which is better Ge Pro or UT?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest Northy

Hi Bill,I have GE Pro and UT USA installed and they work perfectly in tandem.UT wont overwrite your GE Pro textures it basically adds roads rivers rail tracks and align's your autogen properly also it adds some outstanding night lighting effects,and you can also create your own custom textures with GE Pro to work side by side with Active Sky too.I cant imagine FS9 without them both installed.Regards,Martin.

Thanks, will there be a performance drop using UT? I love my preformance currently with GE Pro, AS6.5, and RCThanks guys,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest Northy

Hi Bill,I dont get any performance drop whatsover..System specs..Intel Dual core E6600@ 2.42GB RAMATI X1300 Graphics 256mbRunning the same add ons as yourself.Regards,Martin.

Guest kingairvols

What is GE pro as I also have UT USA and UT AK/CAN as well as FSG mesh. I also have purchased but not yet re-installed BEV (Birds Eye View All five version)will these also work all together.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel.

GEPro are textures for FS9. They are far better than the default textures.http://environments.flight1.net/index.htmRegards,Bill

>Hi Bill,>>I have GE Pro and UT USA installed and they work perfectly in>tandem.>>UT wont overwrite your GE Pro textures it basically adds roads>rivers rail tracks and align's your autogen properly also it>adds some outstanding night lighting effects,and you can also>create your own custom textures with GE Pro to work side by>side with Active Sky too.>>I cant imagine FS9 without them both installed.>>Regards,>Martin.Thanks, but what if I like the GePro night lights instead of UT night lights? Can I use the Ge Pro night lights for the city and textures?Thanks,Bill

Is there any sequence necessary to install these? I have UT (Can/Ak & USA) already- can GE Pro be installed on top?If GE Pro is as good as UT, then it's on my Xmas list for sure. (Re the query on FPS- I could see no real hit with UT turned on full blast- & this on my old AMD 1.8 with triple monitors.)Alex Reid CYYJ

Guest kingairvols

BillWill these work with the above mentioned add ons (ie..FSG all mesh, UT USA and AK/ Can and Birds Eye view?Thank you.

Guest kingairvols

Martin and others;I wanted to ask if any spec order is needed to install the add on's. I.E. At this point in my re-install (I Erased my Hard drive and have re-installed FS9 and the other mentioned) I first installed all of the FSG Mesh then theUT for both USA and AK/CAN. If I now purchase and install the GE Pro on top (or after) the above mentioned re-install steps of all FSG Mesh then UT USA and UT AK/CAN will this work out or must any steps be performed in any particular order.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel.

Anyone know about the nightlighting?Bill

Guest Northy

Hi Bill,If I remember correctly you can disable the night lights in UT if you wish to.Theres various settings regarding the lights to choose from.I have the night lighting on because when your on approach into a busy airport city the lights seem to project from the ground as real lighting would and it really does add realism to the sim at night.Regards,Martin.

Thanks for the info MartinBill

Guest kingairvols

MartinI want to say thanks for your imput with the results you have had. I wanted to ask if you also use any Mesh. I have All of the FSG mesh and just want to understand if the FSG mesh then the UT USA, UT AK and CAN then the install of GE pro will be ok . Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel.