Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

How you programmed your CH Yoke buttons?

I've been using this thing for a long time, but I'm thinking about changing some assignments. I just have some that are rarely used and wondered if I could make better use of the keys.Example, the right side red button behind the POV/HAT is set for gear up/down. The rocker below the HAT is set for trip up and down, although I think it should be the rocker on the other side of the yoke like most planes.The rocker on the left is currently set for views back and forth. The red button on the bottom is set to spoiler deploy and the top red button is throttle idle for some planes that don't like to idle completely with the lever. The hidden left red button I have set for reverse thrust in turboprops. The gray switches are set for flaps.How about you? And should I switch them around a bit for better use?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Paul Middleton

As a TrackIR user, I find that those red buttons at the front accessed via the forefinger are ideal for locking the view and resetting the default view.I use the rocker switches in exactly the same way as you, apart from being reversed, which is possibly more intuitive?

Guest kingairvols

ChrisHello, my name is Mark and most all the time I only ask for help and never feel like I can offer any. Thats not to say that what I suggest is coorect so please use caution.I also have CH products. Although I upgraded to a thing they call a PCATD (mine is a cirrus II from a comp called Preccision Flight Controls there web site (in case you want a visual pic is www.flypfc.com) then gop in the old site , look under PCATE (in the matrix green outlind box then see Cirrus II, its old but ofers me a chance to help with my new started lessons at my local airport.)OK, I got off subject, but I still keep my CH peedels, Throttle and even my MS FF Joy Stick here in fact I never unplug the USB CH Product Thottle (I Assin the ((power slide up and down as spoilers and enjoy planes that are here in the Avsim Lib aka Milton's Dash 7 ect. Point is:1. I am assuming we are discussing MSFS FS9. If not, things might be a bit different.2. If you have FS9 running can you press the shift button a few times untill you see you plane and the words spot view appear on the top horz edge on your sreen, mine are in red letters. Not being a smart #### but mine staes "spot view". You dont have to be in spot view but as I discuss later I get to see the impact on frame rates prior to moving window screens from one monitor to another. If you use one monitor (perhaps lets assume that from this point) then in any view be it in the seat, VC, spot you should be able to press the key(s) ALT+Enter to go from anf to full screen. Then press ALT to display a menu bar across the top.Now, under the menu bar you should see options. If you left click this the sim will pause and drop down a list of iems from which to chose. If i remember this correct on of the picks is assinments. If you chosse this then should be presented with the options of hardware items (peddles, throttles, and yokes ect. thus chose the product you want to ange and the MSFS menu will give you a long list. Be aware (at least for me) that somtime the list may list somthing like structure de-ice not under de-ice or next to pro de ice but rathe under stucture then de-ice. Hey give me some slack I am left hannded, ha ha..Please also be aware that CH offers a software package that also will arrange assinments or at least they did, I use the ((ALT to display the menu across the top then assinments and o from there))).I hope this helps some. I am also aware that people have had issues with different conts CH, MSFF stick ect being used in tandum, but (knok on wood) thats one bridge I have yet to cross.Also please feel free to send any meage if you feel I can help any. Tust me I owe all in this Forum as agian I am on the low end of the PC learning curve. Everyone here as I am concerened for the most are very much a help.P.S. When I finished Grad school the Univ thanked me for finishing the program prior to all the students scribbing there own pappers themselfs, (IE I still think I am paying the typist who also some- how took my 300 page paper for the term (ie..th.e.i.((just kidding I wish)), and somehow fit it into half the orig est space).Agian, sorry for the extra key stricks I have myself been waiting for some needed advise.Just use the Alt ans Enter keys, lf click on options (I am almost certian) then assinments, then you should see the hardware product you wish to re-assin. Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel.

I use the grey switches on the base face for flaps and landing gear.The grey rocker on the left horn for stab trim up/down, the grey rocker on the right horn for TIR reset and pause (like the other poster).I use the two red buttons on the top of the left horn for auto throttle disco and auto pilot disco as I moslty fly airliners.I also use the mixture lever for the speed brake.

Right side, red button below hat sw - default viewRight side rocker switch - heading bug Right, front grey switches - Landing Gear, autopilot disconnectLeft side rocker switch - elevator trimLeft side red buttons - view (W), Number 7, Number 1 (For RC4)I have a CH Throttle Quadrant, so I use the throttle on the CH Yoke to control flaps and the right lever to control speed brakes.I also use a Desk Top Aviator switch box with 8 two way switches for autopilot controlDale

Dale

Those are some good ones. I think I'm gonna switch my trim to the other side. I wish MS allowed for to seperate assignments for Gear up and another for Gear down. Then I'd use the grey rocker on the base.Okay, given me somethings to think about, thanks for the input - no pun intended. ;)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Paul Middleton

I wish MS allowed for to seperate>assignments for Gear up and another for Gear down. Then I'd>use the grey rocker on the base.>If you have the licensed version of FSUIPC, that's easy enough.

I use the right fingertip button for a push-to-talk when flying online at VATSIM, it also will bring up the ATC options when offline. I programed this with FSUIPC as well. You have to change the Key for Squak Box from the default setting of the Ctrl button to something else for this to work. I use the F key.It's funny how you can get tunnel-vision on some of this stuff, I need to rethink what I want to control from my CH Yoke. I'm thinking of the Aeroworx KingAir Auto Pilot.......

How would you do this? I've had the registered version of FSUIPC for a long time, but when I went into the options for programming joystick buttons and the like, I really didn't see what I wanted. Perhaps the gear up and down can be seperated there, but in terms of wanting to program a TOGA click spot in a panel, you can't do it. The frustrating part is the fact a lot of add-ons use a different logic for various buttons and switches, so if I want to have the AP disconnect switch mapped to the yoke, I can't just use the MSFS button. It may work, but the AFDS won't recognize the complete disco of the AP. For this reason I posted this link: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...28014&mode=fullUnfortunatley, no one responded to it. It looks like more of what I might want. The ability to program hot-spots that only the mouse can be used for to activate various payware panels. I just wish someone who knew about it could tell me if it was worth getting. Does it save each plane's configuration for the yoke, does it work, does it have to run in the background?

- Chris

'I also have CH products. Although I upgraded to a thing they call a PCATD (mine is a cirrus II from a comp called Preccision Flight Controls '. Hi ChrisThis is the first time I have seen a post from someone using a cirrus yoke.I was wondering if you could share your experience of it with the rest of us.I used to have a ch yoke but I found it very jerky on the up and down movements.I got rid of it and got the ch fighterstick which is okish.I posted a thread here few months ago asking for comments on the cirrusII-there were no replies.Please tell me how smooth the cirrus yoke is,how realistic is it and especially how does it compare to the ch yoke.Looking forward to your comments.Qas