Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pyscen

FS9 Navid ?

Guest Pyscen

Hello everyone...I'm living in the San Antonio Area and I have noticed that once again Microsoft has placed ndb's where they don't belong... I was wondering if there is anyone that knows where the default ndb are located and the means to remove them?Thanks

Guest Pyscen

Well,... I have located one of the ndb but one of the appears to be where it is not supposed to be... the 2 ndb locations are New Braunfels (BAZ) and San Marcos (RU)... actually both where there but there appears to be a double up on one of them (RU). I have already searched the others NV*.*... Any ideas?Pyscen

Guest Pyscen

Hello Again...I think I have figured out what is going on with my venture on the navids (RU & BAZ). If anyone cares... to know that is... :). Prior to deleting them in the NV*.* file, there were 2 RU navids ... when I deleted in the NV*.*... now only one appears... which I can only think that the one not deleting is with the markers... and Does anyone know if it is possible to reach the markers.. or are they hard coded?Any help?? please?Pyscen

My guess is that you'll find your NDB duplicated in one of the AP***.BGL files as part of an approach, and of course eliminating the NDB will likely mess up that approach.The preferred method of getting rid of default scenery would be with an exclude .bgl, but from my limited experience with this, the exclude will only remove the visual object and not the NDB's functionality. For your own use you could decompile the AP***.BGL and the NV9***.BGLs with a tool like BglAnalyze9.exe, delete the NDB and the associated approach and recompile with BGLComp, but modifying default .bgls is not considered a good practice and you certainly wouldn't want to distribute the modified files.You'll probably have better luck finding a proper solution if you take this topic up in the scenery forum, or over at fsdeveloper.com.Jim

I'm living in the San Antonio Area and I have noticed that once again Microsoft has placed ndb's where they don't belongWell the FAA approach plate for KHYI says the RU NDB is still in place and still used for the current cycle.I'm fairly certain that both NDB were present in October 2002 when the FS database was created - so that makes them valid for FS2004.The NV*.bgl file holds Navaids, but terminal Navaids such as the RU NDB necessary for the NDB Rwy 13 Approach for KHYI are also nested within the airport in the AP*.BGL file.To remove it, create an alternate approach file for the approaches for KHYI - removing the NDB Rwy 13 Approach.Or just use AFCAD for the two airports and modify the NDB to a frequency which you won't pick up by accident. And ignore any markers on the map / GPS.

Guest Pyscen

Well... there is someone out there :)...Well I was looking at AirNav.com and there is no mention of it ... unless of course I overlooked it... especially 2 BAZ ndbs and 2 RU ndb... is the FAA site FAA.gov? I guess I could check on it... I have removed the BAZ ndb.. still have the originals ( made backups; mommy didn't raise a fool...lol) I think a little more research is needed. Thanks, both of you!Pyscen

Guest Pyscen

Reggie,...Thanks in correcting me... especially on the RU ndb... your right ... after checking the FAA.gov site... I have corrected my afcad file for KHYI... and the surrounding airports. I left BAZ removed. Thanks again for my oversitePyscen