Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

How to increase "feel" or sound of touchdown on an a/c ?

I have a great add-on airliner in Fs9 that makes virtually silent landings when inside the cockpit. I can neither hear nor "feel" when the mains hit the concrete unlike with many other FS9 aircraft and add-ons which have an audible thump or rumble. As a result, I never know exactly when I've made contact with Mother Earth when I flare and close the throttles and it is disconcerting. Is there some way to fix things so that I can hear and/or "feel" the touchdown sound from within the cockpit? I thought there might be an obvious edit in the aircraft.cfg file but am not sure now. Appreciate any suggestions or advice, thanks!JS

TOUCHDOWN sounds in the sound.cfg determine which wavs are played, you can replace or edit them easily. Somehow I have a feeling a vet like you already know this? :) Or am I not understanding?regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Mark:You're right--I SHOULD know this! Actually I only just thought about the WAV files last night in going to bed so I guess I shall try that and see what happens. Thanks for your post!JS