Sign in to follow this  
postpone

Thought I had seen everything....

Bad elevation data spikes - we've all seen some similar to these since the day FS2004 was released.Where was the aircraft?They could be bad water elevations since there are several and a couple look flat topped.We need someone else to look for them and see if it's default, an addon or something unique to your system.

Hi Reggie,Thanks for replying, much appreciated.Around the area of Moncton Canada, I had just returned to my flight( EDDK/KBOS )they popped up at a range of about 60 miles I would guess, I have flown this route before without FSGlobal SE and never had this occur I'm wondering if it is a conflict between Ultimate terrain Canada and the mesh scenery. The mesh is below the UTC in the scenery layers in FS9.cheers,

I doubt it's layering.I'll have to look at my computer with Ultimate Terrain Canada. My mesh is FS Genesis.We see these all the time in FS - just smaller in most cases.Places where lakes are elevated above or below the surrounding terrain. Elevated or sunken airports are the same issue.Often it's an issue where an elevation in meters has been recorded in feet, or the reverse.Those look like a failure of the decimal places where 104.23M comes out as 10,423M for example.Let me see if I can replicate the problem.By chance are you running a French version of the Windows OS? or any other version where the decimal is a comma?

Hi Reggie,Thanks for your time, my Windows XP is a English version, I'm pretty sure I saw a fix a while ago now for these 'spike' problems in FS, I will have to have a search about and see if I can find it again.cheers,

I flew over the area four times - both with FS2004 and Ultimate Terrain Canada and with the default FS2004 on a different computer.I never saw anything that could be even close to that level of issue.It must be something else besides UT.Whose mesh are you using in that area?

Weird... Without the Aircraft it looks like a salvadore Dali painting...Rob Prest

Rob Prest

Hi folks,Thanks for trying Reggie, mesh is FSGlobal SE, I flew the same route again today, never made it to the same spot, last view was approaching the Canadian coastline, came back to the pc after dinner and found my desktop, got a 'terrain.dll' crash.Rob :-lol think I'll sell it, may have enough for one of thoseAlienware setups.

Guest Ford Friendly

>the same spot>Lat/Lon???Might help someone else verify it or not.Ford

Hi folks,Ford, thanks for replying, LAT/LON of those spikes was in the area N49 35.72 W056 76.10, nearest airfield is CYDF Deer Lake.Tried the EDDF/KBOS flight again, and on track from N5450 to waypointCYMON I got the TERRAIN.DLL CTD again. I will disable the mesh is the libary and do the flight again.cheers,SteveThought i would look from CYDF/deer lake to see if those spikes were visible and this after I had disabled the FSGlobal SE mesh from within the library.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177905.jpg

Hi folks,Well it seems it was UT Canada/Alaska, removed that and the spikes had gone + I noticed an Island East of Deer Lake were the coastline was just blocks, can't find any updates/patches for this addon for Fs9, thinknig maybe this was the cause of the 'terrain.dll' CTD as I just flew the track from N5450 to waypoint 'CYMON' without this occuring again.cheers,

I can't find anything in that area with UT Canada/Alaska installed - but whatever works - works - and is right for your system.

Guest Ford Friendly

That's a really strange pic. I went to the LAT/LON and to the CYDF airport. No such spikes in my set up with the same add-ons've mentioned.Glad you found out what works for you though.Happy flying.Ford

Guest pclark36

That's really odd being UT Canada/AK only updates the landclass, not the mesh...did you disable FSglobal at the same time as UT?

Hi folks,Thanks for the reply's......." did you disable FSglobal at the same time as UT? "I did disabled the mesh first, found the same effect then un-installed the UT Canada, maybe the install of UT did not go welland some files came of the rails along the way. cheers,