Sign in to follow this  

Is it possible to merge between Feelthere ERJ panel and posky's model ?

Is it possible to merge between Feelthere ERJ panel and posky's model ?Thanks in advance

Yes... I've done it and it works well... it needs a little fine tuning, but it's as simple as copying the contents of the Feelthere panel folder to the POSKY panel folder.- Alex

Can you please share with us your tuning ?is it possible to get the VC imported the posky model too ?

You can't copy the VC... the VC of an aircraft is built into the model file itself... it is not an independent entity that can be transfered from one aircraft to the other. The POSKY model file that was released does NOT conatin a virtual cockpit. Supposedly, they will be releasing a model with a VC, but no one knows when that will be.As for the "fine-tuning"... I'm still working with it.For now, I just use the Feelthere .air file and panel.- Alex

One last question.The aerosynamics file (.air) that was supplied with the project open sky aircraft was supposedly better than feelthere's.Can't i just use posyk's .air file along with the feelthere panel ?-Mike.

Nope... it won't give you enough thrust because of the FADEC control. I could never get more than 82% N1 out of it.I think Feelthere's .air file flies better anyway... An ERJ pilot on POSKY's forum even said that the Feelthere FDE was a little more "realistic"...It's your choice, really! :-)- Alex

Alex,I just replied to your post in the screenshots forum. I too tried the merge but couldn't get depicted N1 provided by the FADEC on the EICAS. So I'm just using the Feelthere airfile and panel with the posky model, which I think is a terrific combo. Now if only that fix for the sound file would be released. Keep us posted on your progress if your going to try to use the posky airfile.

Yeah... it seems to work just fine. :-)I don't dare even ask questions over at the POSKY forums... they're not the nicest bunch over there - in fact, they're downright rude! (although they make beautiful models)As for the "sound fix" you mentioned... are you referring to the Feelthere sounds? I don't use the Feelthere ERJ sounds... I use the sounds from their Citation X instead.. they are much more realistic (from a cockpit perspective)- Alex

Guest MNorm757

The POSKY ERJ cruises with a nose down attitude, which is very unrealistic. I'm going to try a merge the Dreamwings .air file into the POSKY model...Bill Grabowski's panel works fine.Mark

For the merge, are you using posky cfg with feelthere's airfile? If so, what are the parts that needs to be changed?Thanks!Mathjkt

Yes... so far, no changes to the .cfg file - it seems to work well without any changes.

Guest MNorm757

now its underpowered...I'll stick with the Dreamwings package until Posky can update the flight dynamics.

It's NOT the POSKY .air file that is underpowered... it's the interaction of the Feelthere panel with the POSKY .air file.POSKY isn't going to "update" the FDE because there's nothing TO update.. the FADEC in the Feelthere panel programming was designed to work specifically with their .air file, so POSKY has no obligation to make changes to their FDE in order to have it work with the Feelthere panel.POSKY designed their FDE and model with Bill Grabowski's ERJ panel in mind and that's what it is supposed to work with. Those of us who are using the Feelthere panel anre doing so at our own initiative and must accept the consequences of that merge - good or bad.Bottom line is that unless you use the Feelthere .air file, it's going to always have the limited thrust.- Alex

Guest MNorm757

The more I look at the POSKY visual model the more I see problems. The rear fuselage area looks really bad, the top of the tail section is innacurate and the nose section looks weird. I'm going to stick with the Dreamwings package with the Grabowski ERJ panel...no offense to POSKY. The more I fly it the the more I can't stand the flight model. Just my $.02