Sign in to follow this  
Guest TC-BUG

Saitek x52 issue with fs9,help please...

Guest TC-BUG

I bought a x52 around a year ago,back then I had CH yoke+throttle (still use them) and I was using the ch throttle but fed of it because it was too hard to reach,anyways,then plugged the x52 and assigned the throttle axis,WITHOUT INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE BUT JUST THE DRIVER,everything was working perfectly,sometimes I even plugged the joystick and assigned them and it used to work,the only thing was I INSTALLED SAITEK DRIVERS AFTER INSTALLING FS2004,and never needed the saitek software.Now I format my machine 3 days ago,this time I installed the saitek drivers BEFORE installing fs9.Now x52 just doesn't work with fs9.No stick movement,throttle just moves in 3 ways around the 50% mark on the throttle arm,0% right under 50 mark,50% on 50 and 100% right after 50 mark.I uninstalled drivers and installed again,I installed the software and activated fs2004 profile,I uninstalled everything and cleared the registry,I unplugged all the CH and assigned everything on x52,nothing seemed to work.No stick movement,and only 3 points on the thrust.I am in desperate need of help,the only difference is installing the x52 drivers before fs9.The stick has no response on ailerons/elevators and the throttle moves in 3 ways only.CH throttle seems to work fine though.It is like fs9 doesn't recognize the drivers although saitek x52 seems to appear in the joysticks part under the assignments window of fs2004.I say this because before the drivers when I first plugged the x52 I went to game controllers and it seemed to work the same way,just 3 movements.After the driver installation it got normal under game controllers test page.I even changed the usb port and plugged it in a different one.nothing seems to work.I keep removing and installing the saitek drivers,they all seem to work normal,they are also under directx diagnostic tool page.They are normal on device manager.They are even normal on test page.It is just with fs2004.I've been trying to figure it out since last night,I tried everything.fsuipc seems to see it just in 3 ways too.I don't think it is driver/software issue because it used to work before the formatting.Is it really that big of difference installing the driver before fs9 ? I don't really want to format or uninstall fs9 again to fix this,it just seems so hard.Maybe someone had this problem too and knows the fix .Please help.I didn't need to install any software before to work the throttle,I just need a smooth forward backward movement and that's all.This is so annoying,I just want to throw the pc out of the window.Help is appreciated.Thanks a lot.

BurgaCheck your sensitivity and null zone in FS9 and make sure that the sensitivity is full right and the null zone full left for all axes. (Make sure after doing this you actually start a flight - close it and check tha the settings have not been changed.) Use the advanced menu as some axes are "hidden" in the dropdown. Also make sure that FS9 has not allocated the same axes to other controllers on your system - it does happen. I guess that you have installed FS9 SP1? Be careful with the SAITEK SST software it can sometimes cause issues in FS. If you have FSUIPC registered you could disable all of your joystick/controllers in FS9 and just use FSUIPC to allocate axes and buttons and calibrate them. There is a guide for doing this on Pete Dowson's forum page. I run the Saitek X52, the CH TQ and the Saitek rudder pedals this way and it performs very well. Try a USB connection on the mobo or ensure that you have a powered USB Hub.Peter Hayes

Guest TC-BUG

I did everything you mentioned.I tried without plugging the ch's too.I tried it with the joystick on too not just the throttle.Before,it did work,now even the joystick axes don't work even though I assign them.Can't still figure it out,makes me crazy.

Guest TC-BUG

I had just uninstalled fs9 and everything,cleared all the registry and stuff manually&via registry cleaning programs,then installed it and put it back on and fs9 did the same thing,I was sooo soooo ###### until the solution came from the saitek forums :Hi,Unplug the controller, click Start>Run, type regedit and click OK. In the Registry Editor browse to the following folders in order:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlMediaPropertiesPrivatePropertiesDirectInputAnd delete the VID_06A3&PID_0255 folder (or VID_06A3&PID_075C). Plug the controller back in, rotate and twist the stick fully a couple of times and see if that has fixed it.I am a happy man once again.Hope noone has else has this annoying problem ever.Just a tiny bit of registry was breaking down my nerves.LOL