Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rodneyking

PMDG 747-400

Guest Rodneyking

I think this is the greatest simulation of the 747-400 ever but for some reason when i'm taxiing round corners the nose gear does not turn, this is the only thing that lets it down. Does anyone know if this is a clich in the software or will i just have to suffer? Thanks........

Guest Van

The PMDG 747-400 nose wheel turns. If you do not have rudder pedals and under aircraft/realism settings/flight controls, you have auto rudder selected, then the nose wheel may not turn as I believe the rudder controls nose wheel steering on the aircraft.If this is not the case for you, then let us know and we will try to help you further.Regards,Van (CYHM)

Also - you do have to be moving forward for the nosegear to rotate, this is per the real aircraft, which won't do it while stationary.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I find it very difficult to turn sharply, even with a moving start. 747s can turn around on the runway with little extra length needed... but not in the game. i realize the ground effect is messed up in FS9 but its annoying when landing at airports without full taxiways

Alex-A little searching will show this topic discussed ad nauseaum....Taxi at 33-35% N1 depending on weight- turns at less than 10kts, wait until the centerline touches the window post by your shoulder (left or right) and then apply steering- should keep you off the grass and allow for a good turn radius. If you have to increase the outboard N1s to 38-39% to assist. If you absolutely have to, at 5kts or less use slight differential braking. I almost never do the latter. If your airport's taxiways are that narrow, your probably operating below balanced field requirements anyway.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest Rodneyking

Thanks alot Van, that did the trick.

it seems to me that you are talking about making basic turns on the taxiway. I'm talking about flipping a complete 180 on a runway when it has no connecting taxiway at the end.

Guest Dostoyevsky77

I'm pretty sure that's not something that can be achieved IRL. And yes, the title of this thread is correct: PMDG744 is even better than Level-D's 767 & that's saying a lot because Level-D was the benchmark. Now, if only flythemaddog.com had a VC, we'd be happy...

When I read this I had to have a go at it! I tried making a u-turn on rwy 34 at KSEA which is 150 feet wide. The 744 should be able to do that without a problem, but while I did manage to keep the wheels on the concrete all the time, they did cross over the markings. I used thrust only on the right side engines when turning to the left and had barely foreward movement. Does the width measurement (I got the 150 feet figure from FSNavigator) mean the width of the concrete or between the markings?

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------