Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Project Opensky ERJ-145 Nav 1 STUCK

What' wrong with the new Project Open Sky ERJ-145 Nav 1 radio? It seems to be stuck at 110.5 and I am unable to change it to the correct ILS freq when I need to. The ONLY work around (which is unsat) is to, when I am assigned to a ILS runway, I change the ERJ-145 to another aircraft, change Nav 1 to the correct freq and then change back to the ERJ-145. This is unsat because it messes up a couple of aux programs that I'm running with FS2004 at the same time. I remember that FS2002 had a "communications setting" that you could change the radio's freq but FS2004 does not have this feature. Am I the only one having this problem with this new aircraft from Project Opensky? Other than that, it's a nice little aircraft. jerrycwo4

More than likely, the problem is in the Aircraft CFG. file in the radio section. You are probably using a panel that allows you to preset a frequency, and the aircraft cfg is not set up to use it. Or you are using a panel without a preset on the Nav1 radio, and the cfg file is looking for one.Look in the radio section of the cfg file. If you see Nav.1 = 1,1,1then change it to Nav.1 = 1,0,1If your Com radios are doing the same thing, then you might want to change them also.Rick

Rick is on the right track.I just checked the ERJ, and the Radio section of the aircraft.cfg is set up for radios that can be preset. But, the ERJ doesn't have that feature on the panel.Change the entries for the COM and NAV radios as follows:COM.1 = 1, 0COM.2 = 1, 0NAV.1 = 1, 0, 1NAV.2 = 1, 0, 0That will do it.Regards,JerryH

BRAVO ZULU (Well Done) to you guys today... another problem corrected and fixed. Thanks again for the good work. PS, Is there a more sofisticated ERJ-145 available as PAYWARE ? Do you know a link for it? Thanks again for the great help. jerrycwo4

Guest pclark36

Feelthere has a Payware ERJ. But...well, it's FT/Wilco, and all I've seen on this forum is relative bashing of it. I have the CRJ by them, and I like it, but I'm not a super hardcore super realism simmer. I'm the kind that if I can manage to program an FMC to get pretty close to autoland, I'm happy. Patrick ClarkAnchorage, Alaska, USAhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

The Feelthere ERJ is very nice and the panel works well with the POSKY model.- Alex

Thanks for the info on the "Feelthere ERJ-145. I found their site yesterday and purchased the aircraft. As you say, it's fairly complicated so I'll save it for a rainy day and fly the POSKY version for now. Question. If I have both versions of the ERJ-145 , the FeelThere and the POSKY, why would I want to put the pannel from the Feelthere into the POSKY ? jerrycwo4

Well.. honestly speaking... the only reason would be for "visual appeal"...The Feelthere visual model is just not as accurate or as well done as the POSKY model. If you don't really care about the visual model, then stick with the Feelthere package "as is".. but if you like a good combo of visual model and systems... then merging with the POSKY model is your best bet.Also.. if you're a "virtual cockpit" enthusiast, then stick with the stock Feelthere package - for now. The POSKY model doesn't have a VC - YET! They have a VC version on the cusp of release, so when that comes out, obviously many of us will try to merge the Feelthere gauges into the VC.Hopefully, you'll take some time and learn to fly the ERJ by the book.. it's a fun plane to fly and the systems aren't terribly complicated at all! If you have even a basic understanding of the FMS you can grasp it in no time at all!I quite enjoy flying the regional jets (both the CRJ & ERJ) because the short flights are very relaxing and take away from the boredom of "long-haul" flights. Plus they open up opportunities to visit much smaller, diverse destinations!- Alex

I would like to use the POSkY model because they have a DELTA model and the Feelgood does not. Would you give me stet by step instructions how to merge the two planes like the one that you did? Thanks jerrycwo4

>I would like to use the POSkY model because they have a DELTA>model and the Feelgood does not. Would you give me stet by>step instructions how to merge the two planes like the one>that you did? Thanks jerrycwo4There are 2 Delta Connection repaints of the Wilco/Feelthere 145. One is here on Avsim ft145dal.zip is the filename. Also there is a link at the Feelthere website "Oliver Gerardin's repaints", that will take you to another site. On the top of the page, go to Dan's Liveries, where there are 2 repaints......the standard livery, and the 800th ERJ livery.Rick