Sign in to follow this  
Guest ightenhill

Looking for that river tweak

Guest ightenhill

Im trying to find the tweak that stops rivers in fs9 running in gorges (as below) but dont seem to be able to find itiviewcapture_date_12_09_2007_time_1.jpg

Guest ightenhill

thanks.. but i have also forgotton what to do with it.. :(

It's been a while since I did this, but I think changing the "offset" from -10 to -5 is what did the trick for me.John

You are right but I heard a -3 would make it look more realistic.I guess it's your own personal preference.Paul.

hi guy's,can you show us please what text you altered please.thank you

oops, just found it, and changed it to -3.so what will this do guy's.Thanks again for the help.

Guest ightenhill

if you look at my screen at the top the river seems to be in a deep trench... this should correct that.

Yes your rivers and streams will look like that and not deep gorges or something :)Anyways you can always experiment - make them shallower or deeper depending on your liking.Enjoy.Paul.

Guest bluesman666

HiLooked in terrain.cfg, but couldn't find 'offset'Any clues ?CheersDave

Guest ightenhill

your terrain cfg is in your main fs9 folder dont confuse it with your fs9.cfg.. the entries are the bottom lines of the first two Texture sections as shown below[General]DefaultTextureCount=238AutogenCount=14// texture order = wi,hw,sp,su,fa,nighttexture//Stream Lines[Texture.1024] // stream lines / unknown / perennialType=1Size=4ExcludeAutogen=1MaskClassMap=3Textures=RiverSU.bmpoffset=-2[Texture.1025] // stream lines / unknown / non-perennialType=1Size=4ExcludeAutogen=1MaskClassMap=3Textures=RiverSU.bmpoffset=-2

If you have good 38m Mesh (FSGenesis etc) you can even make the Offset=0. Because the mesh itself has all the elevationdata available. That way it's the most realistic possible. Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg