Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

VOZ 1.5....Easter Eggs galore!

Ah man....this hobby is such a hoot! I am presently flying at 3500 feet over Hobart, near Melbourne. It is almost dusk. I see a bunch of different boats and ships in the harbor, so I decided to drop to 1800 feet and check them out.Well...I'm doing that...and one particular boat, a fishing trawler with the net booms out (drag nets) catches my eye. I head the Cess 172 over towards it slightly decending...and what do I see come into view flying all around the boat? Seagulls..... Of course! They would be seeing what the nets are churning up. All of this in total animation.I have to tell ya...VOZ 1.5 (with the proper folders in sequence in the Scenery Library) is totally alive with things happening all over. Dusk brings TONS of moving traffic along the highways leading into and out of Melbourne.At 1920x1200...this is picture-perfect.Picture.....prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect......Back to my Great Escape......to watch the sunset over the mountains....With the Samsung 245BW in Dynamic Contrast Mode, it is a sight to see.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......Mitch

Guest pclark36

Glad you're having fun! You're making me want one of those monitors, but at 400 bucks(open box at newegg), I can update my old 3.2ghz p4 system to current day technology and specs. One day...One question for you. Are you running VOZ in FSX or FS9??Patrick ClarkAnchorage, Alaska, USAhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

....in FS9. You know...I think that you would be better off staying with your 3.2 GHz and giving your eyes...something to smile about...Your present system would show off this monitor just fine, indeed!I'm running it on a 4 year old Dell Pent 4 3.4 GHz and am getting 30 FPS locked (no dips) no problem.The mid-level ATI1950 Pro is powering the visual ---beyond my wildest expectations. Something magical....Give yourself something to VIEW, and THEN fill in the box with new circuits later (smile).Only in having this now Patrick, do I see that the monitor as a component of your system---deserves a major chunk of the money you allow for it...after all, it is the portal to that system.......It simply rocks! BTW---at four hundred bucks..that's a great price. I paid $450.00 on sale.I don't know what you are viewing now, but you'll buy one of these babies...and then wonder why you didn't have one sooner...That has been my experience of the past week.:)Mitch

Oh my gawd...if you had this 24 inch wide-view running your TrackIR...they would hear your howls of pleasure over in the Yukon...LOL! They would wonder what kind of animal makes THAT noise!Salute!Mitch ;)

Guest pclark36

Lol, it sounds like...a musk ox :(VOZ is one heck of an addon too! I just re-installed windows on another hard drive with nothing on it but FS9, and boy has that made a difference. Now it's just saving up for that big 'ol TV. Shipping to AK sucks though. 89 bucks Fedex 2day, but the cheapest option is 85 for UPS ground...Local prices already take in the cost of shipping...Patrick ClarkAnchorage, Alaska, USAhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg