Sign in to follow this  
Guest Greenpug

PAI Packages

Guest Greenpug

HiI have been using PAI Packages for AI aircraft. However I would now like to get rid of some - not all - of these and haven't a clue as to how to do so. Does anyone know of a source of step by step instructions for this? In the instructions that come with TTools it talks about compiling and decompiling but I don't fully understand this - thick I know!!Ian

Ian, if you want to remove some airlines one way is to go to which ever drive letter you have fs9 installed example C:program filesmicrosoft gamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorldscenery and delete or just remove the traffic .bgl file for whichever airline name would be something like this Traffic_00_WoA_Great Wall Airlines_Wi06.bgl you want removed and they wont appear anymore but the paints and models will still be in your aircraft folder.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Guest Greenpug

Hi CesarThanks for your reply. The method you describe seems to suit WoA traffic as they appear in the World folder under the separate airlines. It is easy then to select and delete those that I no longer want. PAI, however seems to appear as one unit which, if I delete this, I will lose all of the airlines and not just those that I don't want.Ian

PAI, however seems to appear as one unit which, if I delete this, I will lose all of the airlines and not just those that I don't want.What is not stressed strongly enough about PAI packages is the critical need to install each airline into separate traffic files through the custom install option.If you still have the PAI source files, I'd recommend removing the PAI aircraft and one big traffic file and reinstalling the airlines you wish with the custom install option set for individual files with the airline NAME in the traffic file title. You can run big batches of files.One major caveat. If you have manually modified or updated PAI aircraft folders with modified flight dynamics or extra repaints - you should move all the PAI folders to a temporary location outside FS.Run the installs - then delete the just installed folders. Move the modified for the aircraft folders back into the Aircraft folder.The only other option is to decompile the PAI traffic file - manually edit the aircraft and flightplans .txt files to remove the undesired aircraft / flight plans.

Guest Greenpug

Thanks for that folks. Things are much clearer now. I now know what I need to do.Ian