Sign in to follow this  
Guest Clarkee8882

Graphical errors on screen

Guest Clarkee8882

I seem to have developed a problem with FS9. I am confronted with this when I try to run it. I have no idea what is causing the problem. It ONLY appears in FS, all of my other games are fine. I have re-installed FS several times to no avail and I've checked that my graphics drivers are the latest official drivers.Could someone suggest what might be wrong.Thanks

I don't think the FS9 software is causing your problem.Your graphics card might be failing; perhaps overheating. Check to make sure the fan is spinning. Also, look at the inside of the case and be sure there isn't a lot of dust, etc., blocking the flow of air.That's all I can come up with. Hope it's something simple.Regards,JerryH

Guest RonB49

I agree that it is a video card (or driver) problem. I would start out by reducing my settings to a base level. Particularly I would disable any of the newer "cutesy" features (like Adaptive AA, etc) but even including turning off AA and AF. If your card is overclocked, turn that off too.See if you can get a usable display. If you can, then start turning things back on, one-by-one. If you can't get a decent display with all the bells and whistles disabled, then try different drivers. Newer isn't always better.R-

This is almost exactly what I've begun to see as well on my dell machine, which has a 7900GS card. I've narrowed it down to a supposedly known problem of the nviadia 7xxx series cards where the video ram gets overheated, which then damages the ram itself. Luckily mine is still just under warranty, so I'll need to get mine replaced asap. But apparently they don't send a new card out - only a refurbished one. On the dell forums, the experience seems to be that if you continue to overheat the card [ie by playing games], it could affect the actual slot as well and the entire motherboard will need to be replaced too. (All this info from the dell forums, and not my first hand knowledge).All bad news for me it seems, but I'll see what dell says when I call them tomorrow.As an experiment, what you could do is max out the sliders in FS and max out all AA, AF, etc etc and you should see the graphic corruption issues immediately. When you low-out all the sliders and run FS in a low resolution like 640x480, the graphic corruption should take longer to occur as the card heats up more slowly. That's what I'm finding with my machine.In addition to your screenshots, do you see little artifact dots (usually red or blue) on the screen, especially during boot?I hope this helps, as I spent a week trying to install/reinstall different drivers. Finally it turns out it's a overheat problem.Good luck,Subs