Sign in to follow this  
Guest RoSPA_David

active camera

Guest RoSPA_David

Hi guys, not really sure where to post this one. Of those of you out there that use active camera, how did you figure out how to use it? Is there a set of instructions, or even a forum ? I have been to anticyclones home page but there support is down, so i need to find an alternative. What i am ultimately wanting is to have the ability to capture a plane landing on the ground, from a resonable distance ! Regards David

There is an active camera folder in FS9 with a manual.Start > My computer > local disk > program files > Microsoft games > Flight simulator 9To access the set-up you must start FS9. From the cockpit hit Alt to get the task bar at the top of the screen. Go from full view to a window mode, you must be in window mode to display. Hit options and then scroll down to active camera. Set up is where you set the parameters you are looking for.

Guest RoSPA_David

Daryl thanks, dont know how i missed thatDavid

A couple of handy features in active camera ;1. set up VC views for each specific aircraft, ie pilot , co-pilot, wing and passenger views.2. ability to lock on and view closest traffic and then next closest etc which means you don't have to run those red "aircraft labels" in daytime to see AI.3. I prefer not to run head latency because even at the lowest settings it still gave me micro-stutters in VC when looking out of the window.

Guest RoSPA_David

Daryl, i use Track IR pro4 so dont use active camera in the vc now. I printed the manual and followed the proceedure for setting the approach view. I had to change the key assignment so that i could select the point at which to set the veiw from on the ground. However, its not working even though i followed the advice. I was in the vc, paused the sim, placed the mouse cursor over the runway point, and pressed the button to select. I was expecting some indication that i had selected, however no matter. I then checked approach view, un-paused and went to watch by selecting Tower view. All i got though was the view of the wall of the tower, no auto change to approach view at the selected transitoin height.Any ideas? Cheers David