Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hanse_1

FS9 textures slow in loading

Guest Hanse_1

Hi!I have recently got problems with my FS9 both environment andaircraft textures which are very slow in loading.I have to "refresh scenery" sometimes several times to makeit come out right.As far as I know nothing is wrong with my video card, drivers,or anything.Help and advice is very welcomed.Thanks beforehand....Hans HermanssonSweden

Hans,Same problem here. I cannot pinpoint any change or addition that I have made to cause this.I have been flying for several months with complete happiness -- smooth, no blurries and at 25 fps fixed. I was feeling sorry for all of the guys who were reporting blurry problems. Then, because of business obligations, I did not use FS9 for about three weeks. When I started back, the fps were fine, but textures have been extremely slow in loading, especially external views of my aircraft. It does not make any difference which aircraft I am flying. Virtual cockpits also seem slow to load. I have tried all of the standard fixes for blurries found around here, but nothing seems to work.Once the textures load, everything is fine (although the blurries take a while to clear up). It can take a couple of minutes for external aircraft textures to load.I am not sure what to try next, but now I am wondering if you and I have installed a common FS9 add-on.Wilson

Ditto.Just recently I've noticed the same thing. Especially the AI aircraft textures. Once they load they're fine. If I slew the view away 90 degrees or more and then return the textures are gone once more . . . then slowly reload. ? ? ?JB

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Guest Tim W

Thats wierd, I have started having the same problems myself about 3 weeks ago. Textures going blurry in flight and not reloading, aircraft textures grayed out for long periods (mine and AI aircraft), every time I switch from in cockpit to outside view, my aircraft is gray as wella s the AI aircraft. They take a really long time to load again.Plus I have a really annoying pause for about 5-6 seconds or more every few minutes. The problem seems worse in Europe and the far east than it does in the USA. I have played around with the graphic settings and installed the latest ATI Catalyst drivers from their website but to no avail. I read somewhere that installing the latest chipset drivers is advisable and I tried that yesterday but I had a problem with the installation freezing after it kept finding new hardware. When I rebooted I had lost the use of all my USB's so no mouse to even log on to XP. Luckily that was solved by using the "Last known good configuration" by hitting F8 on start up.I am still messing with things tonight. I even removed Windows Defender just now as I heard that can cause pauses as it scans frequently. I haven't started up FS since then to see if it has any effect or not.I just remember all this starting suddenly, seemingly after I had installed some anti spyware software (one of them being Windows Defender)Tim

>Thats wierd, I have started having the same problems myself>about 3 weeks ago. Textures going blurry in flight and not>reloading, aircraft textures grayed out for long periods (mine>and AI aircraft), every time I switch from in cockpit to>outside view, my aircraft is gray as wella s the AI aircraft.>They take a really long time to load again.Tim.I have had the very same problem for the passed few weeks and have been searching various FS Forums for a cure!!...discovered your comments today and as there was no more discussion on the topic was wondering if in fact you found a solution??Cheers,Bob RNZ

Guest daveusmc1775

I'm also one who has had this issue from - time to time. Thought something was hitting my frame rates hard. Cut settings back and the same thing happened. Rebooted the sim and tried different flights, dif. ac, areas ect., same thing even off line. I use a cable modem as well, so I don't feel it's that in my situation. I know what to shut off in the background.Defragging seemed to help. I run some darned good environmental programs and NORMALLY am able to keep all sliders to the right w/out getting hit much, even w/AS6.5 running online. That's all I fly with.Maybe we need to rid of some addons some of us collect too much of?It sounds like a combination of things to me.Good Day.Dave

Same issue here. Also seemed to have started recently.What could be the problem?www.fs-gs.com is not the solution when everything worked well and suddendly started to get worse!!!!There must be a file or an addon (or and update to XP) which impacted FS9 behaviour.Actually to reduce the issue, I thought of compressing FS9 folder, thinking that a dual core will be faster in decompressing that the drive to read the largest file.Someone can advise please?Very glad not to be the only one (as usual).RegardsGhiom

Guest daveusmc1775

Hope someone figures this out.Kinda like your browser is running slow,then you reboot w/same problem, even w/ everything cleaned out!I say DEFRAG!DJ