Sign in to follow this  
Guest KenG

GeForce FX...When?

Guest panzerschiffe

Geforce FX = huge flopThis card won't be going into mainstream production. Against the ATi 9700 Pro the card compared favorably until you jacked up the anti aliasing and anistropic filtering settings, where the 9700 owned it. Why anyone would pay $110 more (399 Geforce FX 5800 Ultra vs 289 ATi 9700 Pro) for a card that barely beats the 9700 Pro is beyond me. We'll have to wait until the NV35 to see if Nvidia is going to get serious about getting ahead of ATi.But don't take my word for it, check out the forum thread below:http://www.guru3d.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=47559

Exactly, as far as FS2002 is concerned, we should focus more on anti aliasing and anistropic filering at which the 9700 does a better job. The 9800 performs these features 30% better than the 9700. See Tomshareware.com, Anandtech.com, and SimHQ.com for more information.Robb

You want a Radeon 9800 Pro if you're looking for the top of the line. The GFFX is gonna be Nvidia's Voodoo 5...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks so very guys. Your comments were very welcome. Soon I will be ready to get my new rig, and it will be with a Radeon 9800 that is forsure. I have a GeGorce now, but with a new rig comes a new card...again thanks for your tips, This hobby really is cool.If any of you have any tips on a mother-board and just how much RAM is needed. I see post with rigs using one gig of ram and freeze-up problems accure? I just want the proper rig to handle a Radeon 9800. As for a processor I seem to be a AMD man. I can think it will demand a 500 watt power supply to run it all. Any Help Is Great... :-wave This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind Regardshttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav44_banner.gif

Vl3MQY.png

Guest Mike94

Hi,i have the ASUS A7N8X Motherboard (nForce chipset) with a XP2600+ and the Radeon 9700pro. WinXP and 512MB.Works like a charm with no problems at all! Highly recommended!Cheers,Michael

Guest KenG

As far as power supplies, quality over quantity. It's better to get a good quality PSU with lower wattage than a cheapo with more wattage.I've got an Antec TruePower 480W PSU. Antecs and Enermax make VERY good PSU's. They are more expensive, but provide more power for the critical voltage rails (+5 and +3.3) with less drop-off.