Sign in to follow this  
Guest gooper

anyone else have problems with heathrow 2008 and Vista??

Guest gooper

hi all, I wish I could post this message on the aerosoft forum but after 3 days of waiting they still have not bothered to send me my login access so I am left to try this forum to see if I can get some answers to the problem I have with this scenery....it seems that i for whatever reason cannot run it as administrator as when I right click on the properties tab on the setup.exe file and then click on the compatibility tab the box marked run as administrator is greyed out and will not let me tick it off....why is this happening? are there other users of vista out there who are having the same problem with this scenery? I have nevr had any problems with any other aerosoft scenery until now and its most frustrating.....

HI there I dont have vista installed as I went back to winxp had to many problems with it for now you can maybe try to disable uac heres how to do it when your done you sould enable it again Im not sure if this will help taken from that site. Windows Vista has the built-in ability to automatically reduce the potential of security breeches in the system. It does that by automatically enabling a feature called User Account Control (or UAC for short). The UAC forces users that are part of the local administrators group to run like they were regular users with no administrative privileges. http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm hope this helps you.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Guest jboweruk

I have the same problem, and I turned off UAC. I can't install the Aerosoft version of the PMDG 744 for the ame reason. #### copy protection. I'm going to have to bite the bullet soon and re-buy my QOTS from PMDG direct, as that apparently does install in Vista with no issues.

Try this: - Go to the setup.exe file of product that you want to install.- Right click and select properties.- Click on the compatibility tab.- Enable "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows Xp (Service Pack 2)by ticking the box.- Run the installerRegards,Gerhard

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)