Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldkrow2007

Dreamswing dash8-q400, need help please

Guest oldkrow2007

I posted this question in aircraft and panels but got no response, If someone could help out with this I would appreciate it.I just installed the dreamswork q400 and it really works great. It handles just like the q400, very realistic. I think even better than PSS in a lot of ways. I also use the PSS panel and everything works great. There is a file here on avisim that converts the panel an everything works, even the FMS. I have had a few issues come up though. It tends to over speeds a lot and even under the max speed of 360 kts for the q400 series. Also in the payload and fuel area it says it is overweight... by like 27000 lbs or something crazy like that. Even if I take all of the weight out of payload and all the fuel off, it still remains overweight. Now it doesn't effect its performance but I was wondering is there a way for me to fix the weight issue and the over speed issue and how would I fix that? For example, what would I edit in the aircraft cfg file to give it it's actual proper weight, fuel, and balance for the q400 and where would I go to fix the over speed warning?The only other problem is that upon loading the aircraft, it has on one occasion bounced violently. I was able to fix it by reloading the aircraft so it isn't a huge problem but I read that there was a fix for the dreamswing q200 so I am wondering if that fix applies to the q400 too and if not is there a file fix for this model or any of the above issues.Thank you in advance for any help. It is a great model and want to continue using it if I can.. And if you need a screen shot I can provide one.BTW this is for FS2004LB

>It tends to over speeds a lot and even under >the max speed of 360 kts for the q400 series.LB:your FS is likely set to display real instead of indicated airspeed. when flying (with some exceptions) aircraft worry only about indicated airspeed.from FS9's opening screen -[*]settings[*]realism[*]click 'Display indicated airspeed' (this will uncheck 'Display true airspeed).-or-when the sim is running (ie, you are flying a plane) -aircraft / Realism Settings... and then click 'Display indicated airspeed' (this will uncheck 'Display true airspeed).--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest oldkrow2007

Thanks D for the quick response, but unfortunately that is not the issue. I do have it set to KIAS. I wouldn't fly any other way. But I think that speed issue is resovled. It overspeeds at about 245 KIAS. Which at FL250 is right at 370 (the max speed in the q400) Thank you though, however the other issues still remain a problem.LB