Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

FS Passenger

Hi all, just curious to know what people thing of the FS addon FS Passenger. Is this a good product to purchase and will it add more realism to my FS flights?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest FredGherkin

I don't fly without it. Well worth the purchase price.Download the demo as well as relying on others' opinions. Demos don't lie. More developers should have demos.

Guest MikeMiraglia

Definitely download the demo. It includes the complete program with unlimited use. The only thing missing is that you can only depart from KSFO, KOAK, or KCCR, but you can land anywhere you choose. I rarely ever fly without FSP running.-Mike

Thanks guys, will passangers get sick or yell if there is major turbulence?Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

FSPassengers is many things in one.What I like is it rates your flying. Landing too hard, banking to much ect.It "watches" you fly and penelizes you for your mistakes. I mainly use it to log hours. I also like the random failures and the fact it makes you honest. No going too fast with the gear down or added flaps when going too fast. You will break your plane.It has also made me a much better sim pilot.It does have passenger opinions after the flight, the better the opinion the more seats you sell on your next flight. So keeping them happy is a must if your playing the financial side of things (another cool feature).The demo is fully functional with one catch, all flights must originate out of the San Francisco area.It is a must have for me, right up there with ASV6, UT and GE Pro.

Thanks for the info guys...I have ready most of the reviews on it, however will FSpassanger be good if I just want to fly an airliner of my choice with whatever airline of my choice and depart and land wheverever I chose too but have passangers onboard? Im not too interested in the airline carear thing. Plus I use Radar Contact with my flights, is there an option not to have ATC chatter during my flights too?Thanks,Bill

Hi Bill,You don't have to use the career feature and you'll still get all the critiques and passenger reactions. Also, you can have several pilot profiles and/or company profiles so you can have one pilot in a company on a career path, and another just to do as you please. You can also turn down/off the volumes of the chatters/flight attendant/co-pilot so it won't interfere with RC. It's a cool addition to your sim, you won't regret buying it.Cheers,Ian

Guest pclark36

FSP doesn't pick where you go. You just decide on where to go before you start the flight. Probably like you already do now. Heck, you don't even have to go straight line or by flightplan. You can sightsee, and land back at the same airport if you want to, and still get points and cash. It's pretty much as customizable as you want to make it. I'm doing the student pilot to senior captain flying a 747 or something bit. It'll take forever, but it gives the sim some "direction"Patrick ClarkAnchorage, Alaska, USAhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

I tried it a long time ago when it first came out...moderately impressed but I delelted it. I'm thinking of trying it again. Has there been improvements? My BIG concern is frame hit. I run Active Sky, and Radar Contact with near 100% AI. Will running yet another background program cause problems? Mike

Thanks Mike, Im in the same vote too....I have RC, Active sky, AI smooth running in the background too...Bill

Eeven on my old system (P4 3.4) it ran with no frame rate hit unl;ess the mini report was showing (little blue screen down in the corner). With the mini report off I had no hit at all and with it on maybe 2-3 fps.FSP totally changed the way I fly. I never ever went missed before, now I do lots of times. It makes you fly by the book.I use it with ASV6 and AI Smooth with no problems.....

Thanks guys, I downloaded the demo...but I cant seem to get the copilot to say the V speeds and when I retract the gear say his line for the gear status...stuff like that..is there somthing I have to do to have the copilot talk?Plus is there a volume control for when playing the music for the passengers?Thanks,Bill