Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmond

Download from Library - no chance to pick Save, opens automatically

Hmmm maybe but JSkorna was spot on previously.Firstly, Winzip started closing after download, which is inconvenient. I unticked that box and now it's Opening the archive without offering the abilty to Save, exactly as before!In some cases this is OK, but most of the downloads are WoAI packages which (I think) need to be saved intact and anyway, I'm archiving them in case I ever have to reinstall my AI from scratch.There has to be a setting for it in Vista, but where? The Windows help function would be useful for a child of 5 but doesn't assist in this case!

ngxu_banner.png

Well, I should have guessed that things have progressed now that we have Vista.In older versions of Windows, we had to battle through to the the Windows Explorer option under File Types - Compressed/Zip File - AdvancedUnder Vista however we can use that simple-to-use facility, RegEdit!Please see the attached link.http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/reset-th...f-file-setting/It works, for me at least.

ngxu_banner.png

Well, I should have guessed that things have progressed now that we have Vista.In older versions of Windows, we had to battle through to the the Windows Explorer option under File Types - Compressed/Zip File - AdvancedUnder Vista however we can use that simple-to-use facility, RegEdit!Please see the attached link.http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/reset-th...f-file-setting/It works, for me at least.
Your link fixed my problem, XP SP3. I used the last fix, at the bottom of the page, using the command prompt fix, copy and paste method to get it correct.funny thing is, my box WAS ticked in the folder types drop down. And, this does not happen on my downloads from the other site, Flightsim.com. But it does/did, (until this fix) on all the others. Isn't Windows fun!?? This fix was removed from the direct dialog menu as part of the SP3 upgrade. I wonder why?? It was always easy to fix with SP2.

Don