Sign in to follow this  
Guest pred02

Are there any plans for new KJFK in the works?

Guest pred02

Hi,Does anyone know if any payware or freeware scenery designers have KJFK scenery for FS2004 and/or FSX in the works? The Simflyers scenery is outdated. I figured someone would remember it, given it's probably one of the most important airports in the US - at least in terms of international traffic.Thanks!

The problem is it is very difficult to develop in the NY/NJ area and not have framerates drop terribly. A few big scenery developers have said that they basically can't do it because they can't make a product with reasonable FPS. I can barely fly there with the default scenery right now...

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

ImagineSim's KLGA shows that it's possible. (Their KEWR on the other hand, but that's a whole nother story.) Someone should get it over with already.

Mike...

With the new hardware today it is possible in fs2004, Imaginesims kewr runs at 20 fps with ai at 50% with my system yes sometimes it drops very quickly to the teens out just for a few seconds but and all my sliders are mostly maxed and its with the cls Dc-10 and some posky aircraft's 737 747 I wish there was a jfk like the new London heathrow from sim-wings.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Go to the file library check out kjfkv4.zip. As some stated this area is frames intense.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest etheberge

I agree, I get very good performance with ImagineSim's KLGA, even combined with Aerosoft's Manhattan.However their KEWR is terrible, and Simflyers KJFK is pretty hard on FPS as well.-Erik T.

Go to the file library and get canasie1.zipI love it!Frame rates are good.Was designed for FS2002 but work just as well in FS9.Just put the .BLG in the addon scenery folder for FS9.I love flying into JFK when the 13L or 13R is the landing runway.Thei scenery has a full set of "lead in" lights for the 13's!See below to watch two short videos and 2 JPG.KJFKCararsie "lead in lights" for the Runway 13L/R approach.Two videos to watch.Night approach, clear skies:

Night approach, in fog/haze:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CahWvTbRc4

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Do you have the FRF Studio version of JFK?They are on version 4 right now, but version 5 is coming out soon. V4 has the temporary Jetblue terminal. V5 will have American's terminal complete.

Glade to hear that they are working on version 4 I curently have v3 installed, is there any previews of v4?

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Opps already had v4 did they ever mention a v5??

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

The only problem I've seen with v4 is that if you follow the gs on 31L you touch down about half way down the runway. I haven't tried it out since I adjusted the ils in afcad. Also, 13R/31L the runway lines said blank and not 13R/31L. I guess when they did the star they didn't change that one back. I was wondering why ai weren't landing on that runway. But other than that it looks good.

John K