Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

FS9 RAM usage

Hello theremy FS9.1 is taking up to 1.3 Gb of RAM when flying the PSS 757-200.Is this normal?Have you guys seen these as well?ThanksGhiom

I'm only using about 600-700mg and I've got a FS full of addons. Something's wrong......Dave F.

Not necessarily, what airport are you at? What add-ons do you have running? Is FS 9 using 1.3 gigs or the whole system using 1.3 gigs when playing FS? The 757 is pretty memory hungry especially at night and especially if you are using the original 32 bit VC textures.-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Yes, 1.2 Gb with PSS, at the end of a 1.5hrs flight.My system takes 400-500Mb and I am left with 20% free at the end.I have no special addon. I was taking off from KSJC EZScenery (the newest in AVSIM) to KPHX.Checked I had no misplaced landclass flie...FSgenesis landsclass, 68% traffic...Maybe it is a set of textures?Thank you in advance.Regards,Ghiom

Guest pclark36

That sounds about right. I use 23% of 1.5GB with just windows, and I got to 82% with FS running, GEpro, FSglobal, Ultimate Terrain, and Active sky 6 running. Sounds like it's just the ground textures adding up after a while. Go into FSUIPC, and set a key for scenery refresh, it'll unload the textures and reload them. But all in all, I don't see a problem with it. Patrick ClarkAnchorage, Alaska, USAhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Exactly, your system is probably going to be hovering anywhere around 160 (lean) to 300 megs (normal) usage so FS is using ~ 1gig of memory which is perfectly normal. Unless you are getting an OOM error I don't think you have anything to worry about.-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest TomOOO

You need only worry when using FS when the memory constantly increases. If things stay constant - at any value - then all is OK.Tom

Too true Tom,There is no "right" value for memory usage as we all have different things running on our systems. They Key like Tom pointed out is whether or not the memory usage continuously rises without stopping which would indicate a memory leak. When flying the PMDG 747 for example I use at least 75% of my 2 gigs of memory but it is always constant with ~ 3-400 megs remaining so it is just using a lot of memory but not leaking it. ;)Hope that helps, great point Tom,-Paul Primary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk