Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

How do I change the default overhead panel size?

I have one or two panels in which the overhead panel always opens up slightly too small - I have to grab the edges and stretch it across (and sometimes, down) each flight. (This is probably because of the widescreen monitor I use).Is there any way to resize the overhead panel so that it opens the correct size automatically? I tried a combination of changing the figures in the panel.cfg file, and physically resizing the relevant panel bmp using Photoshop, but nothing has helped; it still always opens up that bit too small.Thanks,Martin

Guest phenom

Have you modified the fs9.cfg file for your widescreen monitor?

I just setup/size all sub/popup panels (and views 2&3 -multi monitors!) as I wish- then save the flight. Open that flight next time and Bingo- you're ready for taxi clearance! I'm assuming same will work for a widescreen mon. In the case of a zoom setting that always opens 1 notch less than saved, I just bump up that zoom 1 pt. before saving.Alex Reid CYYJ

I just setup/size all sub/popup panels (and views 2&3 -multi monitors!) as I wish- then save the flight. Open that flight next time and Bingo- you're ready for taxi clearance! I'm assuming same will work for a widescreen mon. In the case of a zoom setting that always opens 1 notch less than saved, I just bump up that zoom 1 pt. before saving.Alex Reid CYYJ

Sorry for the double post- wonder if AVSIM has a problem? Now and then when I hit Post Message it goes into a continuous incomplete loop. Only way I can proceed, is hit Post Message a second time.AVSIM???Alex Reid

Hello Martin, specify the size of your overhead bitmap then alter window size and window position.(Windowxx)size_mm=xxxxwindow_size_ratio=1.000 window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

.. "specify the size of your overhead bitmap then alter window size and window position".. That's what I did, but the overhead panel seems to ignore this completely. I'll have another ago, in case I forgot something, but I did try this more than once..Also tried saving the flight with panel windows as I want them (my usual strategy): works for GPS and so on, but sadly not on the overhead panel."probably need to change the sizeX and sizeY values at the bottom of the cfg file first"... I didn't think of that. Will do so.I didn't know there was an option for widescreen in FS9.cfg , so no I didn't change it. I'll look there too and post back. (Or do I have to add a line that's not normally there?).Thank you all for the suggestions,Martin

This is infuriating! Tried all the suggestions above, but none worked.There may be a small clue however: If I open up FS9 via the 'Choose a Flight' window, the overhead panel on one of the a/c with the problem is the correct size. But if I then save that same flight - exactly as it is, without changing anything - close FS9 & then re-open it via the .flt file I just saved, the upper panel is then too small.I thought that I might be able to alter things by editing the various panel.1, panel.2 ... etc. entries, in square brackets, in the saved .flt file. But no change - in fact even deleting all the panel entries (below DateTimeSeason) makes no difference to how the a/c opens or what panels are available (so I clearly have no idea what those entries are for!!)Does this help to track down the problem? Meanwhile, I am totally mystified..M.

BTW, I didn't find any entry in FS9.cfg for a widescreen option; could you please let me know where it might be in the file? (There is a setting called WideViewAspect= in FSX I believe, maybe this is what you meant. If so, can't see an equivalent in FS9).M.