Sign in to follow this  
Guest oswaldo7777

Approach vectors [default ATC]

Guest oswaldo7777

guys how do you deal with the poorly headed approaching vectors given by ATC whenever arriving at your destination airport? I mean, these vectors really take you off-course and they delay you more than help you.. i've got RC 4.3 but i don't use it quite often because i don't really like stand-on-their-own software but FS modules. so, how can i do? get some approach plates? completely ignore ATC? specifically, how do you guys do in your FS flightime?thks in advance

Join VATSIM --- It's free.You get real "talking" controllers, ground, departure, enroute "centers" , arrival controllers .. vectors, everything ... as real as it gets!You will use the "plates" downloaded in advanve from the "centers" you will fly from, thru, arrive at.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

when atc first starts to issue the first vector, choose the option where it says something about choose different approach, then choose the approach you want , then ask atc then they will clear you whatever transition you chose- now fly your sid - it works great!ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

I'm not quite sure what your issues with RC are, but to get anywhere near realistic ATC you should give it another try. IMHO, I couldn't fly without it. There is another ATC product called Pro Flight2000.http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/ I've got it also, just taking my time learning it. Unlike RC it supports VFR.Well, that's my 2 cents anyway..........Happy Flying.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Guest oswaldo7777

Thank you so much for answering.I'll try them all. BTW, i was checking vatsim but it seems ocasionally there are uncontrolled areas. i also read about the servinfo program whom lets you know which areas are controlled and which aren't.mmm does procontroller work as a FS9 module [kinda FsNavigator] or does it stand on its own as a sepparate program? (my guess it is the later one)but before enrolling to the vatsim community and checking procontroller, i'll try the "select approach" with the IAF transition suggestion.Again, i cant leave without thank you for spending your time on thischeers

I disagreeI've been flying in the VATSIM network for 2 months now and i find most of the controllers there obnoxious and rude.

Hi Oswaldo,I'm intrigued that you don't use RC4.3 because you don't like stand-alone programs. Could you explain what the problem is? Is it the difficulty of switching between FS and RC or some other reason?One of RC's strengths is the quality of its approach vectors and it's miles ahead of the default ATC in both FS9 and FSX.Many RC users run it on a separate PC linked via WideFS. This is especially useful as it allows you to adjust the volume of the voices in RC and sounds in FS independently. The 'hit' on processing if they both run on the same PC is minimal.Without wishing to enter a debate into the merits of RC versus VatSim I'm almost certain VatSim software will be a separate executable so if you do switch you won't achieve your goal.If you have any specific RC questions please post them in our forum here on AvSim in the 'Commercial Software' section.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have RC4.3 ... but when I realised it hardly knew any callsigns I was back using FS ATC before you can say "Jack Robbins!" :)

v5 will contain many more callsigns and we do try to accommodate all requests. Visit our forum and there is a topic already running on new call-signs.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest KaelO

Not to mention that there are usually only a handful of controllers on, so for the entire journey you may only speak to one controller. Not taking away from VATSIM controllers, I think its great they do what they do...just like to be more of them.

Procontroller is the ATC side of the vatsim network (one of a few ATC clients for controllers)..Pilots use Squawkbox or other pilot-side clients (again, only 2 maybe 3 of those, Squawkbox is the only one I'm familiar with...). I'm not entirely sure how SB 3 integrates with FS, if it's a module or external program, as it's been a long time since I've used vatsim... Since well before SB3, at least....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest oswaldo7777

Hey!I am not complaining at all with the RC features. Actually I think it's a great program but it does have some small things that interfere with the FS enjoy.I'll post some of themI) Lack of taxi instructions2) Lack of constant communications with the AI Traffic. ATC does communicate with them but not in such a crowdy way default FS9 ATC does. (for example, it doesn't instruct [i mean it does instruct them but in a mute way. You never listen to the verbal instruction] to the AI aircraft to go around when you are landing)3) When pushing back, you just can't press 1 or 2 to turn because it will activate the communications in the RC engine.4) It has some effect on the hotkeys assignments for FsPassengers.5) I don't like stand-on-their-own software because it diverts a bigger part of the RAM memory to another program in opposite to FS9 modules. In spite of those tiny problems, it is a wonderful program and I have no regrets on having bought it.Thank you very much!cheers

if i may, let me address a couple of the small things you mentioned.1) absolutely true. we looked at putting this into v5, but the possibilites of "mexican standoffs" was large. other unfavorable scenarios occurred as well. so for a little benifit, the risk was to large. best thing to do, is download the airport layout from any of the many sites, and use that as your guide. others have posted ways to get ms atc to give you taxi instructions, even with rc running.2) this is a fairly common statement, but once you understand the intricacies of how the ai chatter works, you'll have an "ah-ha" moment. let's say you're on clearance frequency, and you haven't gotten your clearance, but you see other ai pushing back. since your clearance frequency, the ai are already on ground frequency. they already have their clearance. when you get to ground frequency, the ai have already pushed back and probably have their taxi instructions, they received all that while you were on clearance frequency. once you get to tower, then i limit the amount of ai chatter to ai, that are taking off or landing on your runway. at a large airport, the chatter became a distraction, and it was actually causing a disruption in the flow of takeoffs and landings. your specific example of no go-around to the ai, when they are landing. that was done on purpose. because the ai are so reckless and "bunchy" when they come in, it was a steady stream of go around chatter. so we decided to eliminate that one chatter stream. only after release did we find wonderful tools like aismooth, that eliminated the "bunchy" and reckless behavior. we'll look at putting that back in v5, with the understanding that something like aismooth is a requirement.3) this is easy to fix, and i believe it is even documented in the manual. change the default menu 1 and menu 2 keys in rc, to be ctrl-shift-1 and ctrl-shift-2. then you can push back, and not trigger rc menus to execute. we made a great effort to play nice with others, so every rc key can be mapped to any key combination.4) not sure what those are specifically, but any rc key can be reassigned to another key-sequence, see 3) above5) by making it a seperate program, it does two things. it makes running rc easier for the majority of people. for those who really want performance, by having rc as a non-fs module, you can run rc on a second pc, and use widefs server/client. this also has the benefit of having the rc/atc sound coming out one machine's sound card, and the fs environment sounds coming out of the fs machine.hope this clear up some of the small things that interfere with your fs enjoyment.jd

>what call sign is missing?My first (and last until ver.5) experience with RC was at Manchester.UKI was in a First Choice 767 departing for Orlando.I have the full gamut of AI traffic at MAN.Not only did RC not recognise "First Choice" (which surprised me as I think this is a well known airline) but as I taxied out to the active more and more call-signs were not recognised.For some weird reason I like hearing all the call-signs of the active aircraft at a busy airport.By the time I had reached the active I decided RC was not for me and will give it another chance when v.5 is released.Not being able to add new call-signs myself to RC could be a big problem for me as even with the very comprehensive editvoicepak I still end up adding new call-signs etc.