Sign in to follow this  
Pooch

MH's AI Traffic Check V1.09

This is a fabulous little program ! I have quite a lot of AI-traffic and was quite sure that all was perfect..... how wrong I was ! Found several mistakes (sometimes only a - instead of a _ or 2 spaces instead of one space) which were the cause that several aircraft would not show up at all or show up without texture.I strongly suggest this program for all users of AI-traffic. Download here at Avsim.Peter

Guest FredGherkin

Can't get it to work. It doesn't find the paths although they are there.

Open the ini-file with notepad and correct the path to your setting:I had to change the following entryStdTrafficPath=SceneryWorldScenerytbkupintoStdTrafficPath=SceneryWorldSceneryMike, I do not know ACA so I cannot reply.Peter

Guest FredGherkin

Thanks Pooch that did the trick.You get a doggie treat.

From the author's file description."What the program does? Still the same: Reveal missing AI aircraft."

Thanks, Mike, for this info. I will try it. From the explanation on the web I believe to understand that it scans the aircraft.cfg for errors - would be very useful also for "flyable" aircarft !The MH's AI Traffic Check has this function as well (but scans only "AI" aircraft) but also scans the traffic.bgls and reveals missing aircraft.Example:If the aircraft.cfg is absolutely correct in all its parts and the title="AI A320 DLH-Lufthansa"but in the aircaft.txt (which compiles together with the airport.txt and the flightplans.txt to the traffic.bgl) one has typed"AI A320 DLH_Lufthansa"this aircraft will never be used in the relevant traffic.bgl.Why ? Note the difference here: VRD"-"Virgin (hyphen) in the aircarft.bgl and VRD"_"Virgin (underscore) in the aircraft.txt.This typo ( or any other or one more space in between or whatsoever) would be responsable that you will never see this aircraft in AI.If you want to see what this program can do I highly suggest to download it and to try it. I understand that it does not write anything to the registry as it is not "installed" and does not harm your computer. If than you believe it does not give you any advantage - just delete it (no uninstall).Hope this helpsCiao,Peter

If you have 2 or more aircraft locations within FSX, how do you make the program scan the 2nd location? I can provide the 2nd location path, but what would I call it?Thanks.Abe

I do not have FSX so I am not familiar with these features, but I recall to have read that in FSX it is possible to have separated aircraft folders. I just wonder if you have AI aircraft in more than one of these folders / locations. This program works to my understanding only for AI ( not for flyable aircraft as it scans the AI traffic.bgls ), so if you have AI aircraft in ONE separate folder you should modify the ini-file with the FSX-path pointing ONLY to this ONE AI aircraft folder / location.If you have your AI aircraft in several folders than I suggest to contact the author for a solution.Ciao, Peter

Guest FengZ

a quick note,This program can't "see" hidden folders, so un-hide anything before running it. I have a lot of AI aircraft folders; so to keep the directory clean, i hid them all. Of course on first run of this program, every plane came back as missing.After un-hiding, everything was normal.-feng

Guest H_Kev55

>Open the ini-file with notepad and correct the path to your>setting:>I had to change the following entry>StdTrafficPath=SceneryWorldScenerytbkup>into>StdTrafficPath=SceneryWorldScenery>>I too am having difficulty with AITC. My paths seem to be correct, but when I activate the program, I get a DOS window that flashes for a second and then is gone. Nothing else happens.KJ

If you have only few aircraft in the folder and/or no errors than the DOS-window in effect closes very quickly as the scan is very fast. After each scan you will find an updated aitchk.txt file in the location where you have the aitchk.exe file. Check if you have this file and if yes, open it and read the scan results. If not, than there is a problem but no idea which...Peter

The MH's AI Traffic Check has this function as well (but scans only "AI" aircraft) but also scans the traffic.bgls and reveals missing aircraft.ACA does this as well. Doesn't need to be installed either. Just dump it in a folder and run it. ;-D

Mike...