Sign in to follow this  
Guest 247

fs wil not save my flights atall

Guest 247

Hi guys, My new nightmare with fs is when i save the flights and then load them up the next time im flying It loads me the Cessna 182 at Seattle, i cant think of a way to fix it myself, an example was last night i spent 10 hours flying from Dallis ft worth intl to melbourne intl and after 10 hours i got to tired and decided il finish the last 8 hours or so later on, i just when to load the flight and there i am at Seattle in the Cessna. Any help would be great.

Well, when you save a flight, there should be a (default flight) box that you can check to make it the new default flight.Maybe it never saved your flight the first time.You may have to change the value in the FS.cfg (show opening screen) from 0 to 1 ? or 1 to 0 ?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

HelloSomething else you ought to do is go to Pete Dowsons(FSUIPC man)site and download his "AUTOSAVE" program.If you are a long range flier this is a very useful utility it automatically records your flight(default is every minute but i have mine set to save every seven minutes)that way if for any reason you lose your flight ie CTD,TIREDNESS...NUCLEAR WAR you can resume again from where you left of.It seems to be more reliable than saving using the sims option.It has yet to let me down.cheers AndyPS probably not much use after nuclear strike though.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

But, if you fly an aircraft with an FMC (Level-D etc) autosave will not save the FMC data ... which you would need! It only saves the basic MSFS stuff.So, while enroute just do a normal save with a unique name like cruise, or the name of the next waypoint.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest 247

haha nuclear war is a possibility we all know about the Russian bears over Britain where i live. Okay il try downloading that thing you was on about hope it fixes it, and the fmc issue isnt a problem for me as i dont have any payware panels apart from i-fly but i havnt got round to learning the fmc just yet

HELLOThats interesting didnt realise it wouldnt save FMC data(i have yet to graduate to FMC use yet.)To go back to the original post i think 247 is having problems with the default save within FS9X not proving reliable.In the past when i have been doing a long(transatlantic flight forinstance)i would save the flight every half hour or five hundred miles or suchlike as it is so frustrating to lose a long flight.If you save many times on route then you have a better chance of something being retained and as a bonus saving your blood pressure boiling over as well.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest 247

HoratioWondersocks has sumed it up in one, i cant save any flights atall with the make flight default ticked or not ticked. i tryed that programe suggested and it didnt work do i have to re-install fs :( if so if i copy the gauges file and the textures file can i just put all my add-ons straight back on

I don't know if it has anything to do with your problem: is the register setting to your flight simulator directory correct?RgdsHugo

Guest 247

Umm i wouldnt know really i havnt touched it, as the most techincal thing i can do is install some Ai using world of ai :(, can it change on its own and also how can i fixx it ?

Installing the FSX demo and then uninstalling it can mess with your registry entry, and you can use "FS_Registry_Repair.exe" from Flight1 to fix it. If this were messed up somehow it may possibly affect other programs that interact with FS (like the autosave app perhaps), but I don't think it would affect you're saving normal flights within FS itself. Hold off on that for the time being and try a few troubleshooting experiments here first.What about "Previous Flight", can you load the previous flight and if so, is it actually loading you to the same place you were when you last closed the sim?[ul][li]Try saving a flight in FS, give it a unique name that you'll remember, like "TEST SAVE, 9-24-07" or something and close the sim.[li]Open your "My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files" folder and see if you have the "TEST SAVE, 9-24-07.FLT" and "TEST SAVE, 9-24-07.WX" files that should have resulted from the save.[li]If so, drag "TEST SAVE, 9-24-07.FLT" into an open Notepad window and see if it contains info in the form of text - anything at all, don't worry about trying to make sense of it at this point.[li]If it does contain info, close the Notepad window and try simply double clicking the .FLT file, which should start the sim and load the flight. Does the flight load as you saved it, or are you back to the default flight at KSEA? Did anything happen at all?[li]If you have it, and it contains information but didn't load correctly, rename it to "TEST SAVE, 9-24-07.TXT" and attach it to your next forum post in this thread so we can look at it to see why it's not loading correctly.[/ul]Post back with your results and we'll decide where to go from there.Jim