Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

AES has ruined me

Of course I mean that in a good way. I finally purchased AES and cant believe how it has made me enjoy some already great airports even more. I am a self proclaimed scenery junkie and it will cost me alot to get my airports up and running with AES but I dont want to fly anywhere that doesnt have it yet. My hats off to Aerosoft for coming up with a great utility.

I fully agree, in fact I think it's one of the best add-ons ever produced for FS9.AES is one of the reasons I won't migrate to FSXEspecially it's very convenient when flying online.When you get an gate assigned after landing, call up the follow-me car and just follow it. Super.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

lol that goes for me as well it is a really nice add on to have for that nice extra detail at airports that lack it and it is really nice to see the trucks pull up to the aircraft, pushback is also fun! :Dhttp://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/ibosh...74460400,D10333

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

AES addict here as well. One of the best add-ons ever for FS. I pretty much fly exclusively in and out of AES airports.Oliver is a genius!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Is there a frame rate hit to speak of?I've been on the fence about buying this add-on but it serves practically all my bases around Europe. If it isn't an FPS eater I might have to get it!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I havent had any frame rate hits. Loved using the PMDG 747 at EDDF (2 jetways) called everything and opened her wide up. Was alot of fun and the pushback is great with the tug. I had been flying less and less until I found AES and now it has rejuvinated me.

Guest JBaymore

Yet another AES junkie here. Screenshots do NOT do it justice in any way whatsoever. I fly in a simpit, and have the cleaning crew, fuel truck and boarding sounds happening in the background while I am busy seetting up the physical pit controls for the departure... and it is AMAZING the realism THAT adds to the whole situation. Total immersion. With the carts and trucks and such also flitting around outside the exterior windows.The pushback with the interactive elements of stuff like chocks removal and engine start commands is another absolutely wonderful thing. Watching the marshaller rather realistically slowly walk all the way back to the gate after clearing you for taxi out is kinda' a nice touch too. Download the FREE base install pack, and also the FREE FlyTampa / Grimshaw KBOS which is fully activated for free and see for yourself.Be warned... you'll never be satisfied with an non_AES airport again though.best,...............john

I thought about this product awhile ago but passed it by because I personally have never seen a followme truck in the U.S. I think it is a big thing in other countries though. If you could not have a truck come out to meet you but still get ATC gate assignments, that may be cool...

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

You DO NOT have to use the follow me truck.BTW, my name is Al and I'm an AES addict......

I tried AES once, the follow me car lead me straight into a head-on collision with another aircraft. I think it uses a different taxi logic than the default ATC. And in this one case, a worse one. I like being able to choose my own gate, but the car is hardly realistic. I don't care much for service vehicles. And with Rob Barendregt's pushback gauge, I have all the pushback entertainment I need. *Shrugs* So, it's not really for me. Add to that the amount of credits I would need to convert all my airports... I'd rather spend that on some new sceneries.

Mike...

I fly with Radar Contact and as soon as it says to "Taxi to the ______" (cann't remember what word it uses). I shut off Radar Contact and bring up the default ATC and when it assigns me a gate, such as "A-1" I "dail-up" A-1 in the Gate selector of the AES and let the "Follow -Me" van take me there, or you could follow "the little PINK path" or find the gate yourself. You do NOT have to follow the van.PS: What is supposed to happen, as what do you hear or see when the selection, "Commence Boarding" or "Began Deboarding" is selected? I dont see or hear anything????? jerrycwo4

If you stop or slow down, the follow me car will also stop or slow down. You have to use your own logic and listen to default ground control and still follow their instructions.For me it's the gate handling that I love. I can actually focus on starting engines and checklist's while getting a push back.Also, I hear boarding sounds when I select load/unload passengers. Maybe you have to turn the AES volume up?