Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

AES has ruined me

I wholeheartedly agree or however you spell that! :) I usually fly on vatsim and before AES I had that empty feeling when I had landed and taxied to the gate, it just ended too abruptly. With AES I really get that feeling that Ok, I've done my job, now I'll just lean back and let the apron guys take care of the rest! Wonderful stuff that keeps me pulling out my credit card time and time again! :) Not to mention that it extends the lifetime of FS9 on my harddrive! FSX, eat your heart out! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

>I tried AES once, the follow me car lead me straight into a>head-on collision with another aircraft. I think it uses a>different taxi logic than the default ATC. And in this one>case, a worse one. I like being able to choose my own gate,>but the car is hardly realistic. I don't care much for service>vehicles. And with Rob Barendregt's pushback gauge, I have all>the pushback entertainment I need. *Shrugs* So, it's not>really for me. Add to that the amount of credits I would need>to convert all my airports... I'd rather spend that on some>new sceneries.Mike, I completely understand you, but many of us here like to have that little something, after a long flight after Finlay touching down. I admit I always been a fan of moving jet bridges, service vehicles,and other things like that being a former ramp worker it would get very busy down there at the ramp, it just not realistic for me to have a gauge do the push-back or having not a marshaller in and hearing there voices etc etc.But to me it just adds a lot of life too the airports I know some like cloud9 have there own stuff already on there sceneries, heck I wish they would add walking people already lol.Yes it does cost some money to bring some airports with aes you can just get 1 credit pack now and just wait a bit and then purchase other one when you can but they also included some free airports like boston, right now there working on a new version to add more options and some new stuff for smaller aircraft and I belive cargo aswell.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Guest tmond

I've read up on the site. not sure I understand. Is there a free trial on this software?Tim:-)

There are quite a few free credit airports included that are not on a trial basis. Those that are paying credits I believe will work for a short period each flight.The current list of supported free and pay airports is here for customers in the Americas:http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...i?showd,,D10333Note that the AES download itself does not require payment. Scroll to the bottom of the linked page. Be sure to download the manual as well.

I started out by trying at Boston. I immediately went to Aerosoft to get my credits for EGLL and EDDF. KBOS is a great Airport to try it out on Smart thinking for Aerosoft to allow that one for free. It worked on me. :+

"KBOS is a great Airport to try it out on Smart thinking for Aerosoft to allow that one for free. It worked on me. ""Smart thinking>>>>You got that right! Heck. They give you KBOS and DEMO's for other popular airports you may own like FLYTAMPA which are already great.Major improvements and easy to use. I can't wait until they are able to add more airports. No "IF or Buts" about it...I will be spending money.Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)HP Media CenterPentium D 2.80 GHz Duel core2.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 6200SEConexant Falcon II NTSCXP SP2

It's just too bad they did it for only their payware (maybe the odd freeware one) airports. Be nice if there was a product that did all that no matter what airport you were at and no matter of the creator of the airport.Thanks.

Ok I am ready to take the plunge but not sure about the pricing of a credit. This is the way I understand the purchase of credits. Please correct me where I am wrong. (1)The basic cost ~$18 usd for 10 credits. (2) If I need additional credits I must purchase 10 credits at a time, which I assume is ~18 usd. I need about 35 credits to fit most of my payware airports so if I bought all 35 credits I think there is some sort of 10-20-30% discount or you get some free credits. Can you purchase individual credits? Appreciate the best way to go about purchasing these credits.Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah thats how it works you must purchase addistional credits. After I bought 3 credit packs I got 3 free credits so that gave me an extra airport. They go quickly but as I stated in my first post I am addicted to the add-on.