Sign in to follow this  
emiliocardenasr

FS9 ATC

I hve made a search, but got no accurate answer of what I need to know.This weekend I wanted to make a Flight KMIA-SVMI, and the ATC told me to taxi to runway 12, all good, but than I realize this was the only runway used by the ATC for Departures & Landings, so I was stuck in taxi traffic for about an hour, because I have 100% real AI traffic for KMIA, and there is no way no ask to the ATC for another runway. I usually fly ONLINE, but sometimes I go back to OFFLINE to make some flights, never had this problem before beacuse I never use the default AI traffic, but after a friend of mine gave me 100% real traffic, it was fun again to fly OFFLINE, but no to wait more than an hour after starting engines to start the takeoff roll.Please help!!!!Thanks in advance;ECR

Miami has three (two in default scenery) east-west parrallel runways and the diagonal 12-30 runway. Use AFCAD to close 12/30 for both takeoff and landing to prohibit its usage since it would bring the airport down to single runway operation if it becomes active, as you've witnessed. Close 8R/26L for landing. Traffic will then depart quickly out of 8R/26L since there is no delay for landing traffic.Some AFCADs use "stars" to make all runways active at once. But that brings other problematic issues into play. Personally, I avoid those.

so I was stuck in taxi traffic for about an hour, Do not taxi to the departure end of Rwy 12 - turn on taxiway Q1 or taxiway Z. When you get to the hold short line ask for takeoff clearance.That will put your aircraft as the second in line for takeoff. You will be given clearance to takeoff right after the other aircraft.If necessary you can back taxi down the runway and turn around. You can do this with any runway intersection if the takeoff line is too long.Realistic - no, but beats waiting an hour in line.

The two big negatives are:ATIS says all the extra fake runwaysAircraft either cross active runways without regard to landing/ taking off traffic on the runway, OR aircraft get stuck at runway crossings - time out and disappear. The behavior choice is based upon how the AFCAD is setup.The issue of being vectored to the fake runways - user and AI - has been solved. We are now placing the fake runways above or below 80 degreen N or S latitude.

After you've prepped your aircraft and are readt to taxi, open the world/time and season menu. Advance time three minutes. AI will disappear and start over.When a flight is loaded AI scheduled to depart even some time before when you loaded your flight start a mad rush to the gate. In-flight AI also get generated and crunched and by the time you get ready to go you have a string-of-pearls landing and because of that a big queue of ai waiting to depart.AISmooth also helps here by allowing you to provide more separation of landing traffic giving ai a better chance to depart.Also look for FS9 Configurator by Ken Salter. You can increase ai taxi speed just a bit so they exist the runway faster.