Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Contradictory information about the KEUG airport

When I looked up the Eugene / Mahllon sweet field (EUG) airport at flightaware.com I could download an airport diagram depicting two parallell 16/34 runways. But when I flew there in FS9 I instead found it to have one 16/34 runway that is crossed by a 3/12 runway. That was also the case according to the airport diagram I got from Simplates 2004. Also the information about the localizer frequency differs. Why this contradiction and btw what is the case in realllife?

Remember, you are flying FS2004... the airport was changed since then. Search the library for keug_afcad_2.zip for the updated afcad.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

It is my understanding the airport has undergone some major renovations over the past several years and now has the parallel runways with 3/12 removed.That is the basis of the Malon Sweet enhancement which I did with Ray Luning several months ago. See keugver1.zip and kuegflag.zip here at Avsim.The old layout (before renovations) is what you see in the default FS2004.

FS2004 pretty much matches Google Earth.FSX has the same airport layout - but FSX data date is April 2005.Microsoft's live.local.com has the new runway in place, but marked closed.The new runway was apparently opened in late 2005.AOPA fought to avoid closing the crosswind runway. Having only two parallel runways will increase the impact of adverse winds on small aircraft.

The old crosswind runway is now a part of the taxiway system.The airport's website has up to date info.