Sign in to follow this  

Bored.

Guest pclark36

I've come to find that I do get bored with FS. I jump to my IL-2 group on occasion, I'll play football on my playstation, play guitar. But with FS, I think a lot of the time, I have more fun tweaking it, sometimes doing repaints(i.e. PMDG 1900C in Big sky colors, Big sky was the only air charter that came close to where I lived, so it had a special place for me) But I tweak scenery, AFCADS, play with performance settings till my head spins, I almost have more fun with that than flying. But then I'll pull out the 737NG, and getting a 1 hour flight or so with the FMC(very complicated little piece of equipment for me) and getting it all setup to take off, navigate, and get 30 ft off the deck for an autoland is another one of those things that just make it worth it. (I'm simple minded, yes, but that's half the fun)As someone earlier said, try FSeconomy, I signed up today, and so far it's fun. I've flown one flight, but it adds a new dimension to the sim, gives it direction and kind of a goal, and a reason to go somewhere new. Especially when it directed me to this grass strip that i've never heard of before. It was really hard to find due to the GEpro textures lol, but after about 10 circles, I saw it lol.But it has it's moments, and it's not healthy to live on flightsim alone, you need tv, football, and for some, beer too! :DPatrick ClarkAnchorage, Alaska, USAhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Here is something I just discovered via a post here.Go to the library and get fsm285.zip.It has a built in expiration date so to get it to run you will have to set the date on your computer back ( I went back a year).Fire the thing up and run its diagnostic tools and see what it comes up with. I was amazed at the amount of things it found in my modest fs9 setup. One in particular the amount of gauges called out in panel.cfgs that did not come with the addon planes I have. (freeware and payware).You can then spend hours tracking down these issues and fixing them.As a bonus your sim might just run better as it will no longer look for and try to load files that do not exist!If this is old news to you all I apologize for wasting your time and bandwidth.see ya,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif