Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

maddog 2006 VC abandoned?

I'm much too involved in waiting for the>Captain Sim 757 'Block L' Enhanced Hi-Res Crew Lavatory>Sanitary Napkin Dispenser (with 128 animated parts) to be>worried about KPDX. Hahaha, that line has cracked me up.............:-):-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Andre, As I've said before when you leveled this sort of complaint at us - sometimes in software development you seriously just don't know how long something is going to take. If LSH hadn't ever made a VC before (which I'm not sure if they have) then this is probably a case of biting off more than they could chew within a given time frame. This is why PMDG doesn't give release dates or speculate about when something's going to be done or released. Davide and co. probably shouldn't have speculated on the VC release, but that doesn't give us all a license to call them cheats or imply that they've given up the project. I have no reason to assume that a month or so of vacation time (which I believe is SOP in European countries) is reason to believe we'll never get a VC for the plane.I still don't understand what kind of "updates" it is that you guys want from developers and what that will do for you. Does seeing a half finished 3D Studio render of a VC tell you anything more about when it's going to be released? Does "We optimized the number of polygon faces on the glareshield today." tell you anything tangible? In our experience all it does is fuel speculation that releases are imminent and then the inevitable disappointment when it doesn't happen.Anyway, I bought the Maddog 2006 product knowing full well it didn't have a VC and I think it's worth what I paid even if it never does get finished. It's among a small handful of aircraft out there that truly simulate airliner systems well enough to be called representative of the real aircraft. I think it's the definitive MD-8x panel simulation.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

One of the neat parts about their add-on is that they charge in Euros but keep it at a reasonable price. They may not support product anymore, but I'll give them props for that.

I fully agree with Ryan. I use TrackIR and I like flying in VCs. But as Ryan put it, a select few airliners are "representative of real aircraft" and Leonardo's MD is among them, so I can live without the VC. I am very happy with it and I most certainly do not regret buying it. Would I like to have the MD with a VC? Of course, but if it is badly made or a resource hog then I will stay out of it and fly the 2D panel anyway.I'll even say this: I would prefer if Leonardo made another aircraft to the standards of the Maddog than see a VC in the MD. Tristar, anyone? :)Regards,Jure

>Andre, >>As I've said before when you leveled this sort of complaint at>us - sometimes in software development you seriously just>don't know how long something is going to take. Guys thanks for the opinions@ Ryan thanks for your opninion :-)It's not the time frame but the lack of information and when you promises something you should just try to do that.If unfortunately (as in real life happens more then twice lol) something comes between just inform your customers that's all ;-)Nothing wrong with the product in the contrary but the VC is for some of us a important part of the virtual simulation (I almost don't use 2d ;-))...It takes 5 or 10 minutes to inform your customers, asking to much? In general I think it's the lack of information one time in 4 months isn't that much asked for an already payed product ;-)I like the more open minded approach just say how the situation is nothing more and nothing less...More ideas / opinions guys?Cheers,Andr

André

Andre, I agree with all you have said. Promises, should be honoured or explanations given?That is having respect for paying customers so why is it so hard for some to comprehend?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thru my own experience on purchasing payware, my rule of thumb is: what ever is available at THAT moment of purchase is what I can truly expect from the product. Nothing more and hopefully nothing less.If a certain componant is promised down the road or "coming soon", I do not put that in the equation as whether to purchase or not. Why? Most of the time I would just be disapointed waiting for that update rather than enjoying what I just acquired. If the part that's missing is a truly truly something I feel is needed to make the add-on whole I'll pass on it wait to see if it ever is provided. An example for me is when I purchased Flightsoft's Portland. It promised a free upgrade to FSX. Do I expect it? No. As superb as the product is and the author's good intentions I truly do not expect it. Promised or not I purchased as for what it was offering now... a top shelf airport for FS9, not for the hopes of a freeware update way down the road. Let me tell ya, I have saved a LOT of $ by following my own advice and thus enjoy what I do buy.But that's just me and it has saved me some grief waiting and waiting for some update. Despite all their good intentions developers can't always deliver what is promised and I realize this.And I'd rather be flyin' than waitin' ;-)

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit