Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

maddog 2006 VC abandoned?

It seems that the project developers have chosen since begin August not to respond to there customers?Next CS which can't keep there promises? I've really had it with buggy and half products in general...Last time anyway for me anybody has more information?Cheers,Andr

André

They were going to be off on "vacation" for August. It appears they enjoyed vacation more than finishing and supporting their product. I am under the assumption it has been abandoned.

Guest Van

They have every right to enjoy time with their families over the summer. It's what we should all have been doing. Lets see what the autumn brings...perhaps the vc is being worked on and the Maddog team has decided to keep a low profile.We all know how missed release dates bring out the worst in many simmers.In any event I have chosen to remain optimistic.Regards,Van (CYHM)

Guest JTEK99

Remaining optimistic is a good thing. However, I'm sticking with my original surmise:There will never be a VC and my hunch is that it's hardly been worked on.

Guest Pilot533

Well its a little early to tell if its going to ever be released, why not wait until they come back from "vacation", but I agree with the second part, I really doubt they have made any progress with the vc thus far. Who knows who you can trust anymore with these things, the trend has been abandonment, or at least major delays as of late.

Guest H_Kev55

I have found from experience that most simmers get annoyed because their expectations are too high.I'm not saying this is the case here, but I'm merely stating a different point of view.Most of us in this hobby have been severly spoiled by the large quantity of excellant add-ons both freeware and payware.I believe what we need to do is be patient. Give the developers the time they need not only to spoil us, but to spoil their families as well.This hobby has lost many fine developers and designers because of ungrateful and impatient users. We don't need to lose anyone else.So, sit back and enjoy what you have.Spend this time sending emails to the designers of add-on's that you currently have installed and let them know how much you appreciate their work and commitment to this hobby.KJ

Hi,You are right to a certain extent.However, Leonardo claimed when they released MadDog 2006...like many months ago,...that the VC "soon" should be available.And yet again,...the word "SOON" is highly undefined in this hobby by developers,...to express myself in a modest way. :-roll ;-)Personally, I interpret actons like this by developers as a slap in the face to all customers.

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

They are gone!!! Davide logged in on Sept 11, answered one post regarding community procedure files and poof never seen again! So they are back from holiday but this project is DEAD!

So, are the customers the real Maddog's for buying a half finished product?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I have not bought it but played with it at a friends place! Systems are truely well done, it's a real pity. With a VC this would have rated right up there with the PMDG 744!!

>I have found from experience that most simmers get annoyed>because their expectations are too high.>So, sit back and enjoy what you have.>Spend this time sending emails to the designers of add-on's>that you currently have installed and let them know how much>you appreciate their work and commitment to this hobby.>>KJThe question isn't mend "when is the release" but more a lack of information which seem to be a trend in our community :(Just inform your customers correct and on a regular base...Actually if they need another three months I don't care lol.But a polite answer should be great that's all what I ask for, as a paying customer hence it isn't freeware ;-)I ask the question here because maybe a fellow simmer has an idea what's happening over there ;-) So I'm just after a piece of information.What do you guys think?Andr

André

Guest JTEK99

>So, sit back and enjoy what you have.>Spend this time sending emails to the designers of add-on's>that you currently have installed and let them know how much>you appreciate their work and commitment to this hobby.Hmmmm.... First off, I think it's extremely important to voice appreciation for the myriad freeware designers out there if you have enjoyed their work. I will often drop a note -- even if it's just a brief sentence or two -- expressing my gratitude. Aside from the fact that it's important that freeware developers get positive reinforcement whenever it's due, for me, it's simply good manners to thank anyone who basically "gives" me something I enjoy.However, when it comes to payware developers, the most common form of expressed gratitude comes when I pull out my credit card and hand over US$40 - $60 to them. That act basically says: Hey, I guess I like this product enough to pay you what you asked for it. By no means do I believe that -- after purchasing -- I need to coddle a developer and hold his/her hand through the dark forest of ill-placed consumer complaints. After all, they stepped out of the realm of hobbyist into the kingdom of business, and as such, business rules apply. I regularly buy a certain brand of deodorant (there are no freeware deodorants available in my country). I don't write the manufacturer everytime I lift up my underarm and smell the wonderful fragrance which shields the rest of the world from my massively masculine, naturally musky smell. Instead, I reward the manufacturer by continuing to purchase the product.Face facts. I know the Maddog is a wonderful product. But the developers have (a) promised a VC, (:( not delivered a VC, © avoided mentioning a timeline for delivering a VC, and (d) further avoided dealing with any questions regarding a VC in their forums (and quite a few other unrelated questions as well).Call me crazy, but when someone avoids dealing with an issue, it's simply because they can't deal with it. :) As in real life, in these cases, it's always best to come clean; and THAT'S something quite a few flightsim developers still need to come to grips with.

Guest JTEK99

>Just inform your customers correct and on a regular base...>>Actually if they need another three months I don't care lol.>But a polite answer should be great that's all what I ask for,>as a paying customer hence it isn't freeware ;-)Andr

This type of thing has been discussed many times before, Unlike buying a tin of deoderant, software suppliers seem to be able to hide behing the cloak that say's "You only buy the licence to use" barrier.Just like 'Political Correctness' the rules have changed to protect them.The promised update of 'Flight Scenery's 'Portland' for FSX from a guy known as 'Vauchez' comes to mind...............

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest JTEK99

>The promised update of 'Flight Scenery's 'Portland' for FSX>from a guy known as 'Vauchez' comes to mind...............Good point. However, I'm much too involved in waiting for the Captain Sim 757 'Block L' Enhanced Hi-Res Crew Lavatory Sanitary Napkin Dispenser (with 128 animated parts) to be worried about KPDX. A man's got to have his priorities, after all. :)