Sign in to follow this  
Guest stefstep

BE58

Guest stefstep

Hi guys,Preparing to fly the Baron 58 very soon, I'm wondering what are the main differences between the "basic" FS2004 and the Dreamfleet one.Which one is the best? I'm mainly talking about the flying characteristics, not the estetic ones.Thanks

Guest av84fun

Of course, the default model is free and there is something to be said for that but other than price, there is no comparison...except to say that the DF model is far superior in virtually every respect.I have no actual 58 time but have quite a bit of time in C310/340 and Chieftons and can say that the DF 58 is about as good as it gets in simulating light twin flying characteristics.It is clearly worth the money.Be sure to demand of your instructor AND check ride examiner that you WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY ENGINE CUTS BELOW 2000 AGL!!!!!!!!!(-:Jim

Guest mtlmtl

I think the B 58 is the best twin piston available for FS. I have the deluxe version with the reality xp avionics which are nice if you don't already have them. They use to have a lite version also without the r xp avionics for a cheaper price. I like the feature in the VC where you can click the yoke to remove it so it does not hide the switches. I also regularly fly the 36. These 2 planes are very well created, with lots of bells and whistles.Matt

I've been flying the DF Baron 58 all this year- first class! The version with REALITY- Sandel HSI/Moving Map and GPS is outstanding. The flight dynamics/instrumentation are good enough, that I can maintain alt +-100' with just throttle and prop pitch! (if I pay attention!!) Flies beautifully on my ancient AMD 1.8 with LFwd,Fwd,RFwd 180

Guest DreamFleet

>I've been flying the DF Baron 58 all this year- first class!>The version with REALITY- Sandel HSI/Moving Map and GPS is>outstanding. The flight dynamics/instrumentation are good>enough, that I can maintain alt +-100' with just throttle and>prop pitch! (if I pay attention!!) >Flies beautifully on my ancient AMD 1.8 with LFwd,Fwd,RFwd>180

I know the A36 is one of my absolute favorite general aviation planes in FS9. The avionics pre-installed, such as the Wx500 and GPS from Reality XP make almost any add-on a winner, especially since I have never been able to install the RXP gauges myself, LOL. I replaced the Sandel 3308 with the Reality XP version too. The flight dynamics and realism of DF products has always been top notch. I like the A36 so much because of the flight dynamics. Being able to bank without pitching all over the place is a big plus in my book.Only reason I didn't buy the B58 was because so many people said it was hard to land. I have the Aeroworx B200 and I find it tough to land unless I spend a good deal of time getting used to it. So, I can't just hop in and fly the B200 once and a while without making a poor landing. My go to twin is really the DA Cheyenne. Its FDEs are perfect IMO.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi Lou- Here's a request on behalf of multi mon simmers. How about a First Officer's 2D panel that mates with the left seat panel- no overlap/ duplication? Then I could have both panel pieces displayed as a Full Width panel rather than constructing a simulated right seat view using popups! Great plane- anything new coming for FS9? -no plans to move up here.Once you've got a 180

Orlaam- DF Baron 58 not specially difficult to land- but she needs to be flown on to the asphalt- don't chop the throttles too soon!Alex Reid CYYJ

Should have added- the apparent misalignment of engines is caused in screenshots by monitors being displayed in a flat plane without bezels. My #2,3 mons are angled toward me and nacelles then appear correctly positioned. Same screenie problem a little with horizon sometimes.Even so, "Picture is worth a thousand words"!Alex Reid CYYJ