Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Wilco/FT CRJ200?

Hi,I'm considering to buy the Wilco/FT CRJ200. I have read some reviews (also AVSIM) but I'm not fully convinced yet.I owe 2 other FT products (CX and 737 Classic) and both required some patching. Also the support is done by Wilco now, and that might be a problem for me.So anyone having experience with this add-on?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest mtlmtl

Hi,I bought this add-on several years ago when it first came out, and I never became happy with it even after the patches. Personally I find the flight dynamics very bad. However, the Wilco/FT Legacy is the plane I fly the most in FS 2004. The Legacy is not just a ripoff from their ERJ 145, but a better product than the 145 because the gauge resolutions are improved. I think the Legacy is the best biz jet that has ever been produced for FS. One thing about the Feelthere jets is that they seem to be quite FPS hogs before I upgraded my computer to a Intel C2D oc'd to 3.2 and a 8800 gts. Not to spoil your day but I would suggest to stay away from this old product. I think the erj-145 is better than the crj. If you need a crj with fmc I think this is the only one.Matt

I also purchased this product when it came out. It is a good attempt to create a CRJ2 simulation given what the developers knew at the time. It was marketed as a "light" simulation, meaning some features were not included, specially on the flight management computer. It all depends on what kind of sim pilot are you. If you're expecting a PMGD or Level-D type simulation, the Wilco CRJ2 (by Feelthere) isn't that type. If you are looking for a light simulation, then I would suggest a CRJ2 by Project OpenSky (freeware) and a freeware panel, or the payware CRJ2 panel by SkyDecks. Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I've had the Wilco/FT CRJ-200 (as well as the 700/900) for a year or so and I like it. I have no idea how accurate the flight dynamics are but it doesn't seem any worse to me than any other payware sim. There are a few limitations in the FMC but I find that as long as I'm not altering the flightplan enroute it works fine. There's more work to flying an RJ without an autothrottle but that may be a plus for some. Once your comfortable with the climb schedule and get a feel for the power settings for what you're trying to do it's enjoyable to fly, IMO. I agree that the FT support could be better but I don't think this product has any major issues at this point.Brandon

Hi all,Thanks for your input!I'm looking for more or less a PMDG type of simulation, at least with most systems correctly rendered.The AVSIM review, which are most of the time (reasonable) accurate, includes the following qualifications:- The Flight Management System (FMS) is outstanding- The overhead models the electrical, fire detection, external lights, bleed air, APU, engine ignition, hydraulic, air-conditioning, anti-ice protection and miscellaneous lights panels.- Excellent flight model - Accurate FMS How does this relate to your experiences, especially regarding the FMS?Do I understand it isn't possible to change the flightplan once entered?The Wilco CRJ200 is now available for 20 euri and an extra 7 euri for the 700/900, so the price is not that bad.(Also in comparison to the Skydecks panel)I don't need the 700/900, but I'm wondering if it fixes any bugs and/or performance issues.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

The plane will give you a decent simulation of the experience of flying a CRJ from point A to B. The overhead switches are mostly there for you to push and throw, though may not have all the effects that LDS or PMDG programs into them. They work enough that if they're not set up right, you won't be able to start the engines. If you start doing unusual things with the FMS you will find holes in the programming. Not really sure how often you have to change destination enroute when simulating airline flying. "Folks from the flight deck again, guess what, we're in Columbus!" The flight model feels fine to me, the only things I think I ended up messing with was the CG and the forward viewpoint. I don't know about all the other options mentioned by the others but, the FT CRJ's flight guidance has all the modes modeled accurately. So you can fly it like a CRJ and not a MSFS default Learjet. Their 700/900 though has one feature that I was impressed with. If you have a throttle device, you'll find that they actually modelled the FADEC to include the throttle detents for the setting of the different thrust limits. The 200 doesn't, but that is realistic. As in the real one, you have to keep the power at the blue bug manually to maintain your thrust limit in the 200.

I think some of the statements made in the AVSIM review are more subjective than objective. As such, it could just be a matter of opinion. On the FMS, for example, when entering a route, it does not accept airways; all way points have to be entered manually. I don't know if that is how it works on a real CRJ2, but I doubt it. One of the entries is for the flight number, and though it can be entered, it reverts to a previously entered one. Fix is to search and edit a configuration file that stores a flight number among other parameters. This, of course, breaks the simulation. Throughout the screens available in the FMS, there are several options that when pressed result in INOP. Feelthere states that the product wasn't meant to be a complete simulation. The documentation included does not compare at all with PMDG or Level-D. Regrettably there isn't any other CRJ2 simulation available. Digital Aviation announced working on one some time ago, but they haven't produced it yet. See http://www.digital-aviation.de/crjsite/l_h...rj200_main.htmlI still use it because my VA has CRJ2 in its fleet. Would love to see another company develop such a popular jet. Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Hi Dave & Kevin,Thanks for the additional info.I'll skip it and wait for the DA one.Regards,Egbert