Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

Welcome Back (I think) + AI Traffic

Guest flightsimmernick

Dear all,I am a long time user of MFS and up to now have been quite an advanced user (or so I think) with FS9. I had it for a couple of years and 18 months ago I was forced to stop and give up my flight simming for a while due to personal reasons. I am now ready to get back into the swing of things and get back to where I left off. This month was the fist time I started FS9 on my computer for the best part of two years. It was great and I even was able to get back in the cockpit again and fly an A319 (one of my faves)! Completed a short flight with an ILS landing

1) Gatwick has two runways, your best option would be to use them both. How unrealistic that may be, the best way to deal with queues is to have a dedicated take-off runway. Use 8L/26R for take-offs, the other for landings. And use for better arrival separation. finally, give the sim time to get going. Start taxiing after the sim has been running for about 15 minutes or so. Gatwick's always gonna be busy though, but this will make it bearable.2) It can be done, but it takes a lot of work. Basically, you have to make separate taxi grids. One that leads to one point and another that leads to a second entry. I've never really delved deaper into that, so perhaps there's a little more to it. And interestingly enough, in the recent Aerosoft Heathrow scenery, aircraft seem use two entries for 27L (+ one from the south), without any special tweaks. Must have something to do with the distance to the runway.3) See 1, AI Smooth. It's not perfect, but it's the best and most "realistic" option. Other than that, it's just a question of accepting the limitations of FS. It was not build to handle the crazy amounts of AI traffic.4) Download [link:library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=67713|FS9 Configurator], then increase the taxi- and land-taxi speeds, land-taxi speed controls the speed on the runway.5) I'm not sure what you mean, are you talking about the tool tips?6) Surely you mean Heathrow 2008 by Aerosoft? Add Pro and it sounds like UK2000's next Heathrow version, but I do not believe that's gonna be released any time soon. Speaking of UK2000, [link:www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page8.html|Gatwick Xtreme] is what you're looking for.7) You can't really replace any voices - although you should look into [link:www.editvoicepack.com/]EditVoicepack, if you want something else, you might want to consider an entirely separate ATC program.

Mike...

6. If anyone has the Aerosoft Heathrow product getting the free upgrade to version 1.10 is a must as it fixes quiet a few things that can interfere with FS operations as scenery can sometimes do. Just go to your download account at Aerosoft and redownload it.

Guest flightsimmernick

Thanks for the posts guys. 1) I don