Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Blue Sky Scenery: is it supposed to lookm like this?

Hi. I installed Gottfried Razek's impressive hi-res LA scenery (Los Angeles Intl. v2 (LAX, HHR, CPM)) lax2007_hr.zip from AVSIM. I must be missing something here as I can't see any other posts on this - but as great as it looks from on high, when you land at KLAX, on all the parking bays, and dotted about the taxiways, there are flat 2D impressions of aircraft, as if they have been steam-rollered into the tarmac. Presumably the a/c would have been there when the photos were taken, but surely they aren't supposed to be visible like this when you land? The effect is really weird, and so I've uninstalled the scenery for now. (Kept the great downtown LA scenery!!).Is lax2007_hr only for high altitude fly-bys then or, as I say, am I being dense in some way here?Thanks!Martin :-)

Guest stack

Martin,I just figured this out myself - Set your NAV2 dial to 117.00 and this will disable the airport high-res overlay only. At least, this is how it is for both the KSFO and PHNL sceneries, so I assume it is the same for LAX - the readme will say for sure.And yes, it is great stuff.Brian

Thanks Brian. I remember reading about setting the NAV2 dial to 117.00, but I didn't realise this was the reason. Will try it out.Martin

Yes the Nav2 setting puts the airport back to 'normal'. Not sure what you mean about doing this 'at night' Scott??? Have I missed the joke or something? :-)M.