Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Biz jet problem

Guest RonB49

I usually fly GA or airliners but the other day, I decided to give the Lear a whirl. On approach to SEA, at FL310, using an FS2002 flight plan and default ATC, I was cleared to descend to FL300, then FS290, then FL280 -- well you get the picture. I descended in 1000 foot intervals down to 10,000', then it was 500' at a time. Two subsequent flights yielded the same result. Finally I set up a short flight plan from Santa Rosa (KSTS) to Bakersfield Meadows (KBFL) at FL290 and decided to figure out what the problem was.I've flown the flight in the default Lear, a G-Max Lear (Bombardier), a Gulfstream (by Rick, I think), and Yanick's Falcon 50; always with the result exactly as stated above. Finally I flew the same flight plan in the default 737. Using that plane, the first desent clearance was to FL200 and the second was to 11,000'. In short, a normal (for FS2002 ATC) descent profile.So, does anyone have any idea why the biz jets are cleared differently than expected? R-

Guest RonB49

Bump.Has anyone else noticed this behavior? R-

I did 2 IFR flights from Boise, ID to SEA in both my Gmax Lear45 and my G-IV V4, and both times cleared from FL310 to FL110. Then from FL110 to FL086, then to FL046, then to FL024 and finally landing. So I don't know??? Rick Sasala

Guest RonB49

Thanks Rick. Did you use the FS2002 flight planner? Did you use high altitude airways or GPS? I'll set up the same route and try the same planes and see what happens here. R-

Yes I did use the FS2002 flight planner and GPS...Rick Sasala

Guest RonB49

Wow, ATC issues a proper descent profile if I file a GPS flight plan but not with a Jet Route flight plan. This just gets curiouser and curiouser. Thanks for giving me a direction from which to continue my troubleshooting Rick. Thanks for the great planes too. R-