Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

A day to celebrate!---The FS9 'mortgage' is paid off!

Well, today is a day for me to remember in my enjoyment of flight simulation. It is the day I TRULY turned off the red FPS indicator line on my display when using FS9, and now only have the navigation tag line updating.I'm presently flying from Detroit to Ft. Myers climbing out from under some rain and blow, but finally on toward beautiful blue skies over the south shore of Lake Erie passing through FL 220.(on sim pause)I was thinking about how I finally had a system (all of its sub-components) and the wide view monitor I'm catching all the action with, well---that it's finally at the top of the food chain for running FS9.No more reason really to keep (for some of us, morbidly, myself TOTALLY included in this..lol) the FPS counter on---to see if I/we can squeeze and twist the last FPS drop out of the computer system. Nope...no more reason any more to keep looking up at the top left of the display, like I have done since getting into this. A constant locked down, non-dipping EVER, steady 31 FPS's---and as they say...the FS9 'mortgage' is FINALLY paid off...and I can simply enjoy the FS9 world, with no more concerns **IF** the system is rendering and producing the needed visuals-- that will let my shoulders come down below my ears, and simply have FUN---FLYING within that world. No more latent thoughts of how is my system doing/can I get more out of it/can I tweak some 'more' out of it?---what further dollars and component parts can I throw at it to 'get me there'...you know, the 'there'--- being relaxed shoulders below the ears and simply flying, learning,...enjoying!Well, because I didn't chase the FSX promise and place myself once more on the upgrade until death do us part treadmill---I really now AM there.My three year old Dell Gen 3 XPS system with 3 gigs of DDR2-533 MHz, the Pent 4 3.4 GHz CPU, and the ATI1950 Pro 256 MB video card driving the Samsung 245BW 24 inch wide view---finally all got together and threw an FS9 FPS Mortgage Burning Party for me.It's been great ever since to be out from under that upgrade-to-make-the-thing-run-seamlessly 'mortgage payment'.It's a weird feeling actually---to now only concern myself with enjoying the flight sim, and not always, ALWAYS---trying to scam a little more from the system so, I can uh..er..finally put the upgrade madness for seamless running and performance to rest.Stepping off of the tweak/spend/buy wagon---feels so good! We should all be there.After all, we got into flight simming for the wonderment of flight, NOT buying, spending, buying, spending, gutting, replacing...buying...spending..... SO WE CAN use the darn software to achieve total personal satisfaction.ROTFLMBO!Have a great day, all....fly somewhere, and get to where YOU can finally turn off the *##@) FPS drug line, and just ahhhh...> FLY! Just flap your wings...and fly...... :)Back to pressing the PAUSE and getting my cyber butt down to Ft. Myers!Cheers!Mitch

You are a stronger man than I...

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

"FLY! Just flap your wings...and fly......"Mitch- Don't burn the mortgage yet: one more payment!You haven't REALLY flown until you have a 180

I'm curious if you have elliminated all kind of bad perfotmebce in FS9? You don't write how and whivh harddrives you use and setup.