Sign in to follow this  
dc10boy

Photoreal grass textures

Hi All, I was just wondering if anybody had tried the new photoreal grass relief textures by Moskvin Stanislav just uploaded to the library.The file size is much larger then the default texture, And I was wondering if anyone had seen a Frame rate hit or contribution to the blurries?Thanks Stan

Just finished a test flight with it and I didn't notice any hit on performance and no blurries either. It really is a big improvement over the default. Go ahead and try it out. The download comes with the default texture in a backup folder.Maurice

Yeah I tried it too. A keeper I'd say. The filesize difference is because the new texture is 1024 x 1024 where the default was only 128 x 128. I reduced the new one down to 512 x512 and couldn't tell much difference but it really didn't seem to impact framerates at 1024 x 1024 anyway. I'll probably see what 256 x 256 looks like here soon. If you resize it, run it through DXTBmp saving as "Extended 16 bit 565" with mip maps and use only "powers of 2" dimensions (128 x 128, 256 x 256, 512 x 512, etc).Jim

Guest JTEK99

>but it effects your snow and sand textures as well...Rob:How so? What happens to the snow/sand textures if you have this one installed?

Guest Mike707

Does anyone know if this would work in FSX? Thanks.

snowy grass and grassy sand...colors are okay but it determines details, hence the name (detail.bmp). Should not be a problem, but ...Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest blaster331

Greetings All,lets not forget that its a beta.Maybe these reports will help the author to make the proper fixes.And many thanks for the sceneryAndrew

i loved it, i just downloaded it, i heard about it from AVA forum

Yep I agree, very nice and my thanks to the author, Moskvin Stanislav. Unfortunately, there will be snow on the ground soon.....now I need find some better trees - anyone have any recommendations? Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.3GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 7.1's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals - Saitek Throttle

Regards, Kendall

Yes, and for free! Real Environment Professional, here in the Avsim library. Best trees I have ever used -- can't recommend this freeware program enough.